Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script for nums in Hexadecimal base Post 9399 by AlvaroD on Friday 26th of October 2001 07:30:11 AM
Old 10-26-2001
Lightbulb script for nums in Hexadecimal base

Hi:

I´ve developed a script that count in decimal base. this is a example:

ini=0
end=0
ini=$1
end=`expr $2+1`
i=$ini
while [ $end \> $i ]
do
i=`expr $i+1`
done
Could you say me how dou you count in hexadecimal base?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexadecimal to decimal base

Hello ! Does anyone knows how can I convert hexadecimal to decimal base in the ksh or csh script ?? Thanks ! Witt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: witt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Hexadecimal Value

I have a record in a file that ends with the new line character "\n". How dio I determine the hexadecimal value for that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

4. AIX

Menu base AIX script

Hi, I am trying to create a menu on AIX systen for operators in our office. Please suggest how can I loop back to menu by pressing any key from a online running file. For example I can view the Database alert log file by tail -f command but how should I loop back to menu again. If I press <ctrl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu Base AIX Script

Hi, I am trying to create a menu on AIX systen for operators in our office. Please suggest how can I loop back to menu by pressing any key from a online running file. For example I can view the Database alert log file by tail -f command but how should I loop back to menu again. If I press <ctrl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hexadecimal to Decimal

Hi all, I have a small script to convert my HexaDecimal Input to Decimal as output. #!/bin/ksh hd=00208060 dec=`printf %d $hd` echo $dec Output of the above program: printf: 00208060 not completely converted 16 But my expected output is "2130016". How can i acheive this. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
2 Replies

7. Programming

Hexadecimal to ascii

Let's suppose i have a hexadecimal array with 16 cells.for example b3e2d5f636111780 i want to convert it to an array of ascii characters(in C) so that i can reduce total size of the file i want to put it in. But i am afraid i have not fully understand the difference between ascii and hex(i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hexadecimal increment using shell script

I am looking for hexadecimal increment by reading user input using shell script. For example the user input is 01A. I want to increase the hex count by 4 times Looking for output: 01A O1B 01C 01D 01E Can someone suggest? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_1712
14 Replies

9. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate hexadecimal

Hello I'm working on a script to list all ipv6 from given address so I've run this script which create hex part of ipv6 STR2=159 END2=200 SUM2=`expr $END2 - $STR2` for ((i=STR2;i<=END2;++i)); do x=$( printf "%x" $i ) ; echo $x echo -e "::"$x >> netpart.txt done output is : ::9f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies
odbcinst(1)							UnixODBC Reference						       odbcinst(1)

NAME
odbcinst - command line tool for batch ODBC configuration SYNOPSIS
odbcinst action object options action is one of -i install a driver or data source -u uninstall a driver or data source -q query a list of drivers or data sources present on the system --version shows the version number of the program object is one of -d an ODBC driver in /etc/odbcinst.ini -s an ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) in an odbc.ini file. options are zero or more of -f template file Used with -i, this option specifies a template file containing the driver or DSN to be installed. -r Read the template from standard input. -n Driver/Data Source Name Used with -u to specify a driver or DSN to remove. -v Contrary to standard practice, this turns off verbose output; there is no output, even for errors. -l The specified Data Source object is a System DSN, in /etc/odbc.ini. -h The specified Data Source object is a User DSN, in the current user's $HOME/.odbc.ini. This is the default with -s. DESCRIPTION
odbcinst updates the configuration files that control ODBC access to database servers on the current host. It also maintains in /etc/odbcinst.ini a count of the number of references to a particular driver, which can be used to determine whether it should be removed from the file (only when the reference count drops to 0). Installing Drivers and DSNs are installed using the -i option. If the object to be installed is a driver (-d), the specified driver is added to /etc/odbcinst.ini or its reference count is incremented if it is already there. If the object is a data source (-s), the data source is added either to /etc/odbc.ini (if -l is used) or to $HOME/.odbc.ini (the default, which can also be specified with -h). Uninstalling Uninstalling a driver is done with the command odbcinst -u -d -n driver name. Uninstalling a DSN is done with the command odbcinst -u -s -n data source name. Uninstalling causes the reference count on the object to be decremented. If nothing else has requested this driver or DSN (i.e., the reference count drops to zero), it is removed from the config file. The options -l and -h are used with -s to specify which odbc.ini file to configure. Queries The command odbcinst -q -d returns a list of all drivers present in /etc/odbcinst.ini. The command odbcinst -q -s returns a list of all system and user DSNs available. EXIT STATUS
0 Success non-zero Failure TEMPLATE FILES
A typical driver template looks like this: [MySQL] Description = MySQL driver Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcmyS.so A DSN template looks like this: [Sample DSN] Description = Test MySQL connection Driver = MySQL Trace = Yes TraceFile = /tmp/odbc.log Database = junk Server = localhost Port = 3306 Socket = The Description and Driver fields should be present in all DSN configurations. Other options are driver-specific; consult your ODBC driver's documentation for a list of allowed options, or see ODBCConfig(1) for a graphical tool that can be used to interactively set up a DSN or driver the first time. FILES
/etc/odbcinst.ini, /etc/odbc.ini, $HOME/.odbc.ini AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> and Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> for the Debian package of unixODBC. SEE ALSO
ODBCConfig(1), gODBCConfig(1) UnixODBC 2nd Mar 2002 odbcinst(1)