Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto Alias Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Auto Alias Script Post 93977 by Perderabo on Sunday 25th of December 2005 08:08:10 AM
Old 12-25-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboarderguy
Perhaps my approach was wrong.? Sorry if so. Or, is it that the code is just disasterous, and nobody wants to bother.?
Or maybe some of our regulars think this is a holiday or something. While you wait for a response, please read our rules. And note:

(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias command in script

How can I embed alias command inside the unix script? Script: echo "...." ... ... alias aa=/usr/bin/telnet ... ...The above script is not working. If I type aa hostname in the command prompt 'TELNET' terminal is not opening. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

auto login script

can any one help me for auto login bat file from windows to unix,to check the server daily.. Thanks Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohankasi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using alias in script

Hi all, Could any one tell me how to use aliases in a script i have a large command which launches an application. I want to use alias in the script because i call the application many time in the shell script. Thanks Firestar. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto kill script

Hi, I have created a shell script which is used by many users to change their password/unlock, etc., via menu. There is possibility users just close the putty window without proper exit from menu. I want a solution so that if anybody forgets to stop that session, it should kill automatically... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias has no effect in script

It doesn't have effect in script but it works on the terminal root@server:/opt/kvm/usecases/logs# alias echo='echo -e' root@server:/opt/kvm/usecases/logs# echo "xxxx\n" xxxx root@server:/opt/kvm/usecases/logs# cat xx.sh #!/bin/bash alias echo='echo -n' echo "sssf \n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide auto inputs for a sub-script within a script?

Hi All, I am writing a shell script. #!/bin/bash cat /etc/hosts mkdir -p /var/tmp mount 113.123.35.37:/vol/vol615/syb /var/tmp In above script I am trying to add below predefined script/command (/var/tmp/db_tools) This command in turn ask for user input, which will be always option... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhur.baharani
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto-backup script

hello guys i need a script to automatically backup a whole directory in linux like /var/www and the whole sql db and upload to an ftp server daily (as a cron job) is there something like this? I read about rsync but I don't know if it will suit this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: galapagos8000
6 Replies
pthread_join(3T)														  pthread_join(3T)

NAME
pthread_join() - wait for the termination of a specified thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose termination is awaited by the caller. value_ptr Pointer to the location where the exit status of thread is returned. DESCRIPTION
The function waits for the termination of the target thread. If the target thread has already terminated, this function returns immedi- ately. Only threads created with a detachstate attribute value of may be specified in the target thread parameter. On successful return from the value_ptr argument, if it is not a null pointer, will contain the value passed to by the terminating thread. When a call returns successfully, the caller is guaranteed the target thread has terminated. If more than one thread calls for the same target thread, one thread is guaranteed to return successfully. Undefined behavior results for other callers specifying the same thread. If the thread calling is canceled, the target thread shall not be joined. The exit status of the target thread will remain available for another thread to call If the target thread was canceled, its exit status is It is unspecified whether a thread that has exited, but remains unjoined, counts against the limit. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EDEADLK] This operation would result in process deadlock or thread specifies the calling thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_join(3T)