Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD or Linux, which one is more fit for new man Post 93787 by zhou on Thursday 22nd of December 2005 05:29:43 AM
Old 12-22-2005
Surely Linux.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux Man Page Online Link

Linux Man Page Online Link LINK: Linux Man Page Man Page for ( Section ) - The UNIX and Linux Forums (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD or Linux

Hello all! I have been using FreeBSD for years, however, I have colleagues who prefer Linux. For some reason we can never meet eye to eye on what the advantage is from one system to the other. My question is, can anyone explain what the differences are between both systems in respect to each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does APUE fit for linux?

i am reading APUE now,and the OS in the book seems different from RH9,which i installed in my computer. can you tell me if a linux environment can help me really understand the APUE?If not,which OS i should try,the BSD? THANKS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayuhao
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to stop linux man pages from clearing on exit?

Whenever I quit out of reading a man page, it clears the screen. I do not like this behavior, as I'd like to keep part of the man page on the screen while I type out a command. How do I stop this behavior? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati

I am new to program development on Linux. I wonder what computer languages are easy to grasp to create man - machine interactive interface software, which can accept inputs (parameters) from usrers, and present (display) the calculation results to users. Before, I have heared about Perl,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

least-square fit in Gnuplot

Does anyone know how to find the best least square fit in Gnuplot? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
6 Replies

7. Linux

relocation truncated to fit

Hi, I am getting linking error i.e. /ade/aime_urtk/oracle/has/include/caa_ResStateListener.hxx:79: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_GO T16 vtable for CAA::ResourceStateListener /ade/aime_urtk/oracle/has/lib//libcaad.a(caa_Main.o)(.text+0x88e6): In function `CAA::ResourceStateL... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgobbur
0 Replies

8. Fedora

FreeBSD or GNU/Linux?

Hi, i'm working on micro$oft windows based networking environment's. i want learn other os than micro$oft windows. i tested FreeBSD & Gnu/Linux (Fedora). both are similar. which of following is best choice for me? for networking? and which of them has future (for e.g not discontinued after 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
3 Replies
exult(1)						      General Commands Manual							  exult(1)

NAME
exult_studio - a world editor for Exult SYNOPSIS
exult_studio [options] DESCRIPTION
exult_studio can be used to view graphics and map snippets of Exult games. Used in conjunction with exult the map can be changed as well. Currently it is not feasable to create a game from scratch. You must point exult_studio at an existing game instead, either via the -d com- mandline option (see below), or by selecting Open static... in the File menu. The latter will pop up a file requester, where you can choose an appropriate directory. Once an appropriate directory has been located, a tree of game files is displayed to the left of the main window, while the currently selected file is viewed in detail to the right. At the moment, the following types of files are supported: Shape files Shapes are the basic graphical elements of the game. Each shape has one or more frames that typically represent different states or angles of the same thing. E.g. a button shape could have frames for pressed, and released; a character could have frames depicting her sitting, standing up facing one way, or another, swinging a punch, etc. When a shape file is selected, the right part of the main window will show frame zero of the shapes contained therein. Shapes can be selected by clicking, which will show there number, number of frames, and name if known. Other frames can be viewed by changing the frame number. Map files These files contain so called chunks that serve as templates in the final map. The chunks of the selected map file are shown to the right of the main window. OPTIONS
-d DIRECTORY specifies DIRECTORY as the game base directory. -x DIRECTORY tells exult_studio to look in DIRECTORY for its user-interface specification. This option is only useful to developers. FILES
/usr/share/exult/exult_studio.glade Default location of the user-interface specification. NOTES
For more help and information with exult_studio go to: http://exult.sourceforge.net/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/exult/ Editing a copyrighted game may or may not be allowed. Please exercise caution. BUGS
Closing the directory selector (via Ok or Cancel) induces a crash. Double clicking the directory works, just move the selector out of the way after that. Invalid arguments to commandline options will not be taken lightly. Avoid that for now. More bugs? Surely! Please report them at: http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=2335 (Be sure to mention information about your operating system, and which version of exult_studio you are running!) AUTHORS
The Exult Team HISTORY
exult_studio started it's life as a map-browser for Ultima VII and has evolved from there, thanks to the open source-model, and contribu- tions of time and code from many people. SEE ALSO
exult(6) exult(1)