Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming memcpy segfaults, but not in windows Post 93524 by Perderabo on Monday 19th of December 2005 09:49:01 PM
Old 12-19-2005
Where is buffer defined? What value is in sSize? It's one of those two things. Mostly likely buffer is too small.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with memcpy

Hi , I am having records in a file like 00412772784705041008FRUITFUL STRWBRRY 00412772784703041008FRUITFUL STRWBERE 00000570632801448078 X i have declared a structure like typedef struct { char Uname; char Pname; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

2. Programming

Segmentation Fault by memcpy

Hello everybody, I'm coding a test program for ARP protocol, and i don't know why i'm getting a SIGSEGV, i traced it with gdb and it says it's due to the memcpy function from /lib/libc.so.6. Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0xb7e9e327 in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6 This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
5 Replies

3. Programming

Segfaults on pointer deletion

Hey Everyone, I have a check similar to this: if (ptr) { delete ptr; ptr = null; }When I'm debugging in AIX (using dbx), if I attempt to print the value of 'ptr' it says "ptr is not defined" - however, it still enters that if block. So, I'm getting segfaults on the delete... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
8 Replies

4. Programming

memcpy error

I am getting segmentation fault in memcpy.I have given sufficient memory but i dont know why it is occurring char *finalptr = ( char *)malloc(1048576* sizeof(char)); finaloffset=0;have=685516; memcpy(&(finalptr)+finaloffset,out,have); finaloffset=685516;have=359910;... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsekhar28
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undefined reference to memcpy@GLIBC_2.14

Dear All, I am trying to compile OpenFOAM-1.7.x in RHEL. I could not able to compile some of the applications because of libc version issues. It is saying undefined reference to memcpy@GLIBC_2.14 Can anybody look into it? Thanks & Regards, linuxUser_ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
3 Replies
KEYCTL_GET_SECURITY(3)					    Linux Key Management Calls					    KEYCTL_GET_SECURITY(3)

NAME
keyctl_get_security - Retrieve a key's security context SYNOPSIS
#include <keyutils.h> long keyctl_get_security(key_serial_t key, char *buffer, size_t buflen); long keyctl_get_security_alloc(key_serial_t key, char **_buffer); DESCRIPTION
keyctl_get_security() retrieves the security context of a key as a NUL-terminated string. This will be rendered in a form appropriate to the LSM in force - for instance, with SELinux, it may look like unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 The caller must have view permission on a key to be able to get its security context. buffer and buflen specify the buffer into which the string will be placed. If the buffer is too small, the full size of the string will be returned, and no copy will take place. keyctl_get_security_alloc() is similar to keyctl_get_security() except that it allocates a buffer big enough to hold the string and copies the string into it. If successful, A pointer to the buffer is placed in *_buffer. The caller must free the buffer. RETURN VALUE
On success keyctl_get_security() returns the amount of data placed into the buffer. If the buffer was too small, then the size of buffer required will be returned, but no data will be transferred. On error, the value -1 will be returned and errno will have been set to an appropriate error. On success keyctl_get_security_alloc() returns the amount of data in the buffer, less the NUL terminator. On error, the value -1 will be returned and errno will have been set to an appropriate error. ERRORS
ENOKEY The key specified is invalid. EKEYEXPIRED The key specified has expired. EKEYREVOKED The key specified had been revoked. EACCES The key exists, but is not viewable by the calling process. LINKING
This is a library function that can be found in libkeyutils. When linking, -lkeyutils should be specified to the linker. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), add_key(2), keyctl(2), request_key(2), keyctl(3), request-key(8) Linux 26 Feb 2010 KEYCTL_GET_SECURITY(3)