Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Skip item by using substring
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Skip item by using substring Post 93213 by mahendramahendr on Friday 16th of December 2005 12:06:56 PM
Old 12-16-2005
Try this

grep -v "^#" file.dat | \
while read line
do
echo "Storing into array"
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing an item from the dock

Hello! I am able to add an item to the dock with this command: defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emperorfabulous
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change some record item

Hi all, I have a file with over 10,000 line, but I would like to update/add some code number (such as 062 below) into the line with <phone number> below: 11111<name> john matin <name> 12345<phone number> 123456 <phone number> 34556 <address> 1234 lucky road <address> 11111<name> john... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find an available item in array

Dear all, I'm have a sorted array like this: 177 220 1001 2000 2001 2003 2005 notice that 2002 and 2004 are NOT in array. Then user input a number INPUT, our script should return OUTPUT value like this: if INPUT is not in array => OUTPUT=INPUT if INPUT is in array => OUTPUT is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace item..

Hello, I have the following basic script which is remove the fielld. How can I replace another value in the field? Thx!! for file in `cat $listn.txt` do get_file -q $file grep -v '<customer-id>13000</customer-id>' $file > $file.grep done echo All processed file done!! input file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Add item to crontab

hi, how can I add a new value to crontab file using a script not using the command " crontab -e " . ex: echo " 10 10 * * * " >> /var/spoll/cron/crontabs/<username> how can I do that in a correct way?? thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print new item in file with symbol

Dear all, I have encountered some problem here. I prompt the user for input and store it into a data file, eg. key in name and marks so the data file will look like this andrew 80 ben 75 and the next input is carine 90. So the problem here is i want to print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: branred
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - get uniq item from an array?

practicing perl now and hope to get uniq item from an array: my current work: #!/usr/local/bin/perl my @source = ("aaa", "aaa", "bbb", "ccc", "ddd"); my $index=0; my @uniq; foreach (@source) { chomp; # push first item to @uniq if ($index == 0) { push @uniq, $_; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confused on how to script item

I am working on a script that will parse the /proc/meminfo file and return values. I have been able to pull the MemTotal and MemFree from that file but have stumbled on the next thing I want to do - calculate memory used via subtracting MemFree from MemTotal. Would I do something like - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyboynm
5 Replies
geom(1) 																   geom(1)

NAME
geom - analyzes a molecular geometry input in Cartesian coordinates. DESCRIPTION
The program geom reads a set of Cartesian coordinates and determines from them the bond distances (Bohr and angstrom), bond angles, tor- sional angles, out-of-plane angles (optional), moments of inertia, and rotational constants. FILES REQUIRED
input.dat - Input file and one of the following: geom.dat - geometry file file11.dat - PSI-format geometry/gradient file FILES GENERATED
geom.out - file containing the analysis INPUT OPTIONS
The geom program has the following options: -h Print help information (these options). -aces [filename] Read the input in an ACES output format, with each line consisting of atomic symbol, atomic number, and Cartesian coordinates (in Bohr). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -qchem [filename] Read the input in an QCHEM output format, with each line consisting of the atom number, the atomic symbol, and Cartesian coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -xyz [filename] Read the input in an XYZ output format. The first line contains the number of atoms and the second line is a comment line. Subse- quent lines each contain the atomic symbol and Cartesian X Y and Z coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -oop Print out-of-plane angles, where the angle a-b-c-d is defined as the angle formed by the vector a-d and the plane defined by atoms b, c, and d. DO_OOP = boolean Same as command-line switch -oop described above. ISOTOPES = matrix of reals/strings Used to specify masses to be used in the calculation of the center of mass and rotational constants. One array is provided for each isotopomer to be calculated. The arrays can mix floating point numbers with strings which designate isotopes. If this array is not given and file11.dat is present, then the masses will be obtained by converting the atomic numbers in file11. If masses are not given by ISOTOPES or by file11, then no mass-related quantities will be calculated. -g [filename] Read Cartesian coordinates from a file other than file11.dat. If a filename is not given, the default is geom.dat. The alternative file is assumed to be in a format similar to that of PSI's geom.dat. Since such files do not contain atomic numbers, the moments of inertia and rotational constants are not calculated if this option is used. READ_GEOM = boolean This option in input.dat tells geom to read the geometry from geom.dat in the PSI geom.dat format. -a Print parameters for all pair distances. PRINT_ALL_DIST = boolean Same as -a flag described above. -d distance Only print parameters involving pairs of atoms which are less than distance bohr apart (default value is 4.0 bohr). PRINT_DISTANCE = value Same as -d flag described above. -angstrom The input coordinates are in angstroms, not bohr. ANGSTROM = boolean If TRUE, the input coordinates are in angstroms instead of bohr. The default is FALSE. The following example is for calculating the geometrical information for water with several different isotopes. The geometry is read from geom.dat rather than from file11.dat. geom: ( read_geom = true isotopes = ( (O H H) (O D D) (O18 1.007825 1.007825) ) ) 5 June, 1998 geom(1)