Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Unable to reference sysfs on Linux. Post 93190 by jim mcnamara on Friday 16th of December 2005 09:48:43 AM
Old 12-16-2005
It's very possible it is not supported. Unix systems have various "standards" like SVS2, POSIX.

sysfs is not POSIX according to Steven's book edition #2.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1

Hello I am able to connect from Linux machine to Windows machine, but i can not connect from Windows to Linux. Even i can print also from linux to windows... what could be the problem... pl help. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to transfer files from xp to linux

hello to everyone, need your expertise with regards to linux. one of the systems engineer in our project created a ftp account in redhat linux. i'm using xftp for file transfer, the given ftp useraccount were able to login in the ftp browser, but the problem occurs when transfering files from xp... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
10 Replies

3. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to communicate with Linux machine

Hi all, I installed red hat 2.6.9-5 and when I am trying to ping it.I am able to ping any other machine in the network but unable to do vice-versa(means unable to ping this machine from any other machine) and getting the message -- please provide your valuable suggestions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to remove folder in linux

Hi I am using red hat linux, In my folder a strange folder is created i.e. " -a " , folder name is preceded with hyphen. Now if i try to remove with rm -rf -1 , i am unable to do it. Can anyone please let me know how to do it, & what this kind of folder means Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

7. SuSE

Unable to format suse Linux

Hello All, I am new to use linux. I installed SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) trail version which is free for 60 days. Now I want to again format the whole system and install the same OS again but its not happening. I am trying with a bootable pen drive which has an .iso image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk_harsha
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPIO and sysfs

I was recently working on a project where some gpio pins were being toggled from within the user space: const char *const amplifierGPIO = "/sys/class/gpio/gpio107/value"; void amplifierUnmute() { std::ofstream amp(amplifierGPIO); if (amp.is_open()) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
getuid(2)							System Calls Manual							 getuid(2)

NAME
getuid, geteuid - Gets the real or effective user ID SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> uid_t getuid( void ); uid_t geteuid( void ); Application developers may want to specify an #include statement for <sys/types.h> before the one for <unistd.h> if programs are being developed for multiple platforms. The additional #include statement is not required on Tru64 UNIX systems or by ISO or X/Open standards, but may be required on other vendors' systems that conform to these standards. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: getuid(): POSIX.1, XPG4, XPG4-UNIX Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The getuid() function returns the real user ID of the calling process. The geteuid() function returns the effective user ID of the calling process. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: setuid(2), setruid(3), setreuid(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off getuid(2)