Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search list of values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search list of values Post 93031 by rahulrathod on Thursday 15th of December 2005 02:00:37 AM
Old 12-15-2005
Search list of values

I have a file which contains a list of search values

$cat my.txt
FTIP002671604
FTIP002702940
FTIP002703183
FTIP002414805

And lots of such search values. I have to search these valus in the current directory. Can we do this one command wihtout writing a script.

Regards,
Rahul.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search values between ranges in File1 within File2

Hi people, I have 2 files, one with a list of non consecutive ranges (File1.txt), where each range begins with the value in column 1 and finishes with the value in column 2 in the same line, as can be seen above. 215312581156279 215312581166279 215312582342558 215312582357758... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: read values from file1; search for values in file2

I have read another post about this issue and am wondering how to adapt it to my own, much simpler, issue. I have a file of user IDs like so: 333333 321321 546465 ...etc I need to take each number and use it to print records wherein the 5th field matches the user ID pulled from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREP Problem with Search Values

Hello All, I'm using the following command: grep -F -f List.csv Data.csv > Output.csv List.csv aa bb cc dd Data.csv aa,other stuff zz,other stuff bb,other stuff aa_2,other stuff dd,other stuff dd_2,other stuff (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search and modify the values

I have one file and the file may contain 500 to 15,000 records. I need to search pattern ^F509= and then increment the corresponding value by one and print the entire line. Please note that Its not a fixed length file. Can anyone please help? ex: ^F509=204656 ^F509=204656 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help-all Display all help options available. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 10 or 512 with --disable-snippets. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --disable-snippets Results are shown with snippets. Snippets are context around the word that was searched for in the first place. This gives some idea of if the resource found is the right one. Snippets require Full Text Search to be compile time enabled AND to not be disabled with --disable-fts. Using --disable-snippets only shows the resources which matched, no context is provided about where the match occurred. --disable-fts If Full Text Search (FTS) is available, this option allows it to be disabled for one off searches. This returns results slightly using particular properties to match the search terms (like nie:title) instead of looking for the search terms amongst ALL proper- ties. It is more limiting to do this, but sometimes searching without FTS can yield better results if the FTS ranking is off. --disable-color This disables any ANSI color use on the command line. By default this is enabled to make it easier to see results. --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -s, --folders Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums Search for music albums matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-artists Search for music artists matching EXPRESSION (optional). -i, --images Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. --software Search for software installed matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of desktop files and application titles found. --software-categories Search for software categories matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of urns and their categories (e.g. Settings, Video, Utility, etc). --feeds Search through RSS feed information matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of those found. -b, --bookmarks Search through bookmarks matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list titles and links for each bookmark found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)