Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting the file in a folder Post 92718 by ranj@chn on Wednesday 14th of December 2005 07:45:17 AM
Old 12-14-2005
trythis

use date +%d to form the filename pattern and remove ths files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files in folder

helloo people... I was trying to do one script that would delete all files in one folder there are 2-3 usefull files in folder all other is junk.. how to say delete all except those 3 files... thanks in advance best regards, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the contents of a folder older than X hours

Every day a new .zip file is uploaded to a folder and at mid-night the zip file is to be extracted into a /data/ folder, inside a date-named folder. # This should extract the contents of a zip file into the /data/ folder into a date based folder /usr/bin/unzip -a -o... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: worchyld
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a shell script for deleting chunks from a watch folder?

Hello I have a unique problem of needing to delete large files slowly off of an XSan. I was wondering if there is a script I could use to delete 100gb chunks of files and folders that get placed in to a watch folder, slowly so as not to disrupt the other users. I would like to use Automator in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajsoto
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting folder with Date format

Hi, I have number of directories being created under a main directory on daily basis with the sysdate as below $ pwd /hello/TEST $ ls 20111103 20111102 20111101 20111031 20111030 20111029 20111028 20111027 20111026 20111025 20111024 20111023 20111022 20111021 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spari2
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies
CHGRP(3)								 1								  CHGRP(3)

chgrp - Changes file group

SYNOPSIS
bool chgrp (string $filename, mixed $group) DESCRIPTION
Attempts to change the group of the file $filename to $group. Only the superuser may change the group of a file arbitrarily; other users may change the group of a file to any group of which that user is a member. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the file. o $group - A group name or number. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Changing a file's group <?php $filename = 'shared_file.txt'; $format = "%s's Group ID @ %s: %d "; printf($format, $filename, date('r'), filegroup($filename)); chgrp($filename, 8); clearstatcache(); // do not cache filegroup() results printf($format, $filename, date('r'), filegroup($filename)); ?> NOTES
Note This function will not work on remote files as the file to be examined must be accessible via the server's filesystem. Note When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories being operated upon have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. SEE ALSO
chown(3), chmod(3). PHP Documentation Group CHGRP(3)