Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: output of find command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers output of find command Post 92711 by shriashishpatil on Wednesday 14th of December 2005 06:40:11 AM
Old 12-14-2005
output of find command

Hi,
I am confused about the output of find command.
Please see the two find commands below.
When i put "*.c" i get lots of files. But when i put *c only i get only one file.

Any answer??

$ find . -name "*c"
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/rulemanager/rulemansvc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/case.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/contact.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/eorder.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/interact.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/period_amt.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/scr_run.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/shopping_list.arc
./clarify/cheval/hp_server/dbadmin/site.arc
./.dt/types/fp_dynamic
./test.c
$
$
$ find . -name *c
./test.c
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

hiding output from find command

when I do the find command from / , there are a lot of directories that I do not have access to and so I get "find: cannot open ..." How can I suppress these messages so only what was found is output. I was thinking on find / -name 'searchterm' | grep -v find but this doesnt work ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create PATH from find command output

I'm trying to autogenerate a PATH variable from the output of a find command as follows: PATH=`find $dir -name "*.jar" | sed 's/$/:/'` The output looks similar like this if I echo it: PATH=/path/to/1.jar: /path/to/2.jar: /path/to/3.jar: I want the path to be on one line. I'm on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect output using find command

I'm using the below command to list files older than 2 hours but it returns redundant output, am I missing something. # find . -mmin +120 -exec ls -l {} \; total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Oct 13 09:52 test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Oct 13 09:52 test2 -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

6. AIX

find command modify the output

Hello All, I am new to this shell scripting , I wanted to modify the output of my find command such that it does not display the path but only file names , for example I am searching for the files which are modified in the last 24 hours which is find /usr/monitor/text/ -type f -mtime... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of find command to variable?

Hi, I'd like to assign the output of the find command to a variable. What I need is to run the find command, and if it returns zero files, the program exits. so i'm trying to assign the output of the find command to the $var1 variable....and then if this is less than one, I echo a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the output of find command

Hi All, I am trying to run find command in a script to list out certain files based on a patter. However, when there is no file in the output, the script should exit. Tried a couple of operators (-n, -z) etc but the script does not work. I am confused whether a null string is returned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command don't output anything, but file is there

Please if You can help me debug why nothing is found by this command? # echo "Zeus Robot" >> /home/vps/190/test # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot # find /home/vps -type f -mtime 2 -size -1000k -exec grep -l "Zeus Robot" {} \; >> out # cat out # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot Why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better Align--output of find command

Hi, i have sh program which search for a file in a folder structure and provides its path. This is just used to see if that file exits more that once anywhere down the folder structure. I have used find command to search & printing it output on terminal. I have attached screen shot of it.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar198
10 Replies
mlib_GraphicsDrawArc(3MLIB)											       mlib_GraphicsDrawArc(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_GraphicsDrawArc, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_8, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_32, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_X_8, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_X_32, mlib_Graphics- DrawArc_A_8, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_A_32, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_B_8, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_B_32, mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_AB_8, mlib_Graphics- DrawArc_AB_32 - draw arc SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_8(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_32(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_X_8(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c, mlib_s32 c2); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_X_32(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c, mlib_s32 c2); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_A_8(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_A_32(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_B_8(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c, mlib_s32 a); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_B_32(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c, mlib_s32 a); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_AB_8(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c, mlib_s32 a); mlib_status mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_AB_32(mlib_image *buffer, mlib_s16 x, mlib_s16 y, mlib_s32 r, mlib_f32 t1, mlib_f32 t2, mlib_s32 c, mlib_s32 a); Each of the mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_*() functions draws an arc with the center at (x, y), radius r, start angle t1, and end angle t2. Each of the mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_X_*() functions draws an arc in Xor mode as follows: data[x,y] ^= c ^ c2 Each of the mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_A_*() functions draws an arc with antialiasing. Each of the mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_B_*() functions draws an arc with alpha blending as follows: data[x,y] = (data[x,y] * (255 - a) + c * a) / 255 Each of the mlib_GraphicsDrawArc_AB_*() functions draws an arc with antialiasing and alpha blending. Each of the functions takes some of the following arguments: buffer Pointer to the image into which the function is drawing. x X coordinate of the center. y Y coordinate of the center. r Radius of the arc. t1 Start angle of the arc in radians. t2 End angle of the arc in radians. c Color used in the drawing. c2 Alternation color. a Alpha value for blending. 0 <= a <= 255. Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mlib_GraphicsDrawCircle(3MLIB), mlib_GraphicsDrawEllipse(3MLIB), attributes(5) 3 Mar 2005 mlib_GraphicsDrawArc(3MLIB)