Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call a script from another script? Post 92709 by mona on Wednesday 14th of December 2005 06:25:48 AM
Old 12-14-2005
Hi,

Are you invoking sqlldr from the load.script?

You can call the sqlldr inside a shell script. But the command arguments($1,$2) will not be recognized in control file. You can include the command line parameter "Data" to dynamically change the data file. But i dont think that you can change the tablename dynamically by passing parameters.

Change your control file as below

Code:
load data
append into table table_name--please give the table name here.
fields terminated by '|'
(
THS_M,
THS_D,
THS_H,
THS_HT
)

This can be called as below from the shell script
Code:
sqlldr userid/pass@db control=test.cfg data=$1 log="log/$2.log" bad="bad/$2.bad

Regards,
Mona

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a perl script inside a shell script

Hi all, I have the following snippet of code.. #!/bin/sh echo "run perl script............" #Run the verification script perl bill_ver echo " perl script completed....." echo "rename files......" #Remove from all file in the directories test, test1, test2, test3 for f in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script? call other script? su to another user? make a cron?

Good morning. I am searching for "how-to"'s for some particular questions: 1. How to write a script in HP-UX 11. 2. How to schedule a script. 3. How to "call" scripts from the original script. 4. How to su to another user from within a script. This is the basics of what the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call perl script problems

Ok, don't ask me why, but all calls to perl must be called by a shell script. Its really not ideal, but its what I have to work with. Calling it isnt the issue, its passing in the arguments. I have about 1000 perl scripts to call by a shell script. Right now, I'm executing the shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexnub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to call another script based on second column entry

Hi I have a text file (Input.txt) with two column entries separated by tab as given below: aaa str1 bbb str2 cccccc str3 dddd str4 eee str3 ssss str2 sdf str3 hhh str1 fff str2 ccc str3 ..... ..... ..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
PG_UPDATE(3)															      PG_UPDATE(3)

pg_update - Update table

SYNOPSIS
mixed pg_update (resource $connection, string $table_name, array $data, array $condition, [int $options = PGSQL_DML_EXEC]) DESCRIPTION
pg_update(3) updates records that matches condition with data. If options is specified, pg_convert(3) is applied to data with specified options. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. o $table_name - Name of the table into which to update rows. o $data - An array whose keys are field names in the table $table_name, and whose values are what matched rows are to be updated to. o $condition - An array whose keys are field names in the table $table_name, and whose values are the conditions that a row must meet to be updated. o $options - Any number of PGSQL_CONV_FORCE_NULL, PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV, PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE, PGSQL_DML_EXEC, PGSQL_DML_ASYNC or PGSQL_DML_STRING combined. If PGSQL_DML_STRING is part of the $options then query string is returned. When PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV or PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE is set, it does not call pg_convert(3) internally. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Returns string if PGSQL_DML_STRING is passed via $options. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_update(3) example <?php $db = pg_connect('dbname=foo'); $data = array('field1'=>'AA', 'field2'=>'BB'); // This is safe, since $_POST is converted automatically $res = pg_update($db, 'post_log', $_POST, $data); if ($res) { echo "Data is updated: $res "; } else { echo "User must have sent wrong inputs "; } ?> CHANGELOG
+-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.6.0 | | | | | | | No longer experimental. Added PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE | | | constant, TRUE/ FALSE and NULL data type support. | | | | |5.5.3/5.4.19 | | | | | | | Direct SQL injection to $table_name and Indirect | | | SQL injection to identifiers are fixed. | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pg_convert(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_UPDATE(3)