Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find the help in Linux Post 92682 by zazzybob on Tuesday 13th of December 2005 06:02:50 PM
Old 12-13-2005
www.tldp.org

The Linux Documentation Project - Contains a wealth of guides and howtos.

There is a mirror of this website (even though it will be out of date) bundled with many distros and a load of documentation can usually be found under /usr/share/doc

Cheers
ZB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find in HP,AIX vs Linux

Hi Guys, Wondering if anyone can help me. I have a find command on a Linux box that works as expected: find \( -not -type d -or -not -name log -and -not -name loc -and -not -name usr -and -not -name etc -and -not -name tmp -and -not -name wrk -and -not -name changes -or -prune \) -and -not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bParks
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find command on Linux

Hi, I am issuing find command below mentioned ways but it givs different count. I don't understand the behaviour. Could any one have any clue? $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -lrt {} \; | wc -l 169 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l 47 $ find . -mtime -5 -maxdepth 1 | wc -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

3. Linux

Find Page size in linux

Hi, How do i find Linux kernel page size using command ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the partition types in linux

How do we find the partition type in Linux? df -T will give me the mounted partition types like ufs, ext3 etc. How do I find out for say a newly added disk to the system? Please advise... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lubu
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to find VMware info from Linux?

Hi, I have two questions about Linux with VMware: (1) How to tell if the system is real or VMware virtual from a Linux platform without root privilege? (root can use 'dmidecode | grep -i vmware). The command 'dmesg | grep -i vmware' run by everyone is not always working for this purpose. (2)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

6. Linux

help in find command in linux

I am trying to find pictures which contains a specific word in the file name. For example any .JPG files that contains "lm" at the beginning or at the middle or at the end of the file name. find / -iname "*.jpg" | ...what should go after the pipe? regards, Moaathe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidwai
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to find Linux os series?

hai how to find linux os series (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayd
3 Replies

8. Linux

How to Find out if an HP/Linux uses SAN or not?

Is there a command I can run on my HP /LINUX to see if uses SAN? This command work son AIX ls -al /DEV/rdsk however it does not work on HP Linux. Please let me know? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux find help

I am trying to find "php.ini". So I do the command: find / "php.ini" 2>/dev/null It is giving me thousands of files that do not contain "php.ini". What am I doing wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)