Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: end-end packet delay?
Special Forums IP Networking end-end packet delay? Post 92654 by Just Ice on Tuesday 13th of December 2005 12:21:55 PM
Old 12-13-2005
the firewall --- whether software or separate device --- takes care of that

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Looking for an end-to-end network diagnostic utility...

I am looking for a utility (Windows/Linux/Mac) that will allow me to run some test packets across a customer's network (between their client & my server) to identify a list of (or at least a guess of) all protocols and significant network settings that could adversely effect my systems performance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies
FIRESTARTER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FIRESTARTER(8)

NAME
firestarter - program to manage and observe firewalls SYNOPSIS
firestarter [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the firestarter command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in html format (see below). firestarter is a GNOME program that will help you in configuring and monitoring a GNU/Linux firewall using either ipchains or iptables. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --generate-scripts Generate firewall scripts from current configuration. If firestarter is updated and you don't want to run the GUI, the scripts in /etc/firestarter are not up-to-date. So you have to run firestarter with this option to update the scripts. -h, --help Show summary of options. --lock Lock the firewall, blocking all traffic. -p, --stop Stop the firewall. -s, --start Start the firewall. --start-hidden Start firestarter with the GUI not visible. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
This program is fully documented in http://www.fs-security.com/docs/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryan M. Golbeck <rmgolbeck@debian.org> and later revised by Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org> and Yann Ver- ley <yann.verley@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). November 26, 2004 FIRESTARTER(8)