Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression matching a new line Post 92580 by vino on Monday 12th of December 2005 11:40:00 PM
Old 12-13-2005
Change the word/number boundary indicator to take in more numbers.

Code:
sed -e 's#\<[0-9]\{7\}\>##g' -e 's#\<[0-9]\{10\}\>##g'

or

Code:
sed 's/\<[0-9]\{7,10\}\>//g'

Last edited by vino; 12-13-2005 at 12:47 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Regular Expression matching in PERL

I am trying to read a file and capture particular lines into different strings: LENGTH: Some Content here TEXT: Some Content Here COMMENT: Some Content Here I want to be able to get (LENGTH: .... ) into one array and so on... I'm trying to use PERL in slurp mode but for some reason... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Regular Expression for Negate Matching String

Hi guys, as per subject I am having problem with regular expressions. Example, if i got a string "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service" that may occurred anywhere within a text file. How can I used the negate pattern matching of regular expression? I tried the below pattern but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching in BASH (equivalent of =~ in Perl)

In Perl I can write a condition that evaluates a match expression like this: if ($foo =~ /^bar/) { do blah blah blah } How do I write this in shell? What I need to know is what operator do I use? The '=~' doesn't seem to fit. I've tried different operators, I browsed the man page for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiana_tas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression matching

Hi, I have a variable in my script that gets its value from a procstack output. It could be a number of any length, or it could just be a '1' with 0 or more white spaces around it. I would like to detect when this variable is just a 1 and not a 1234, for example. This is as far as I got: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf33uk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching single quote in a regular expression

I trying to match the begining of the following line in a perl script with a regular expression. $ENV{'ORACLE_HOME'} I tried this regluar expession: /\$ENV\{\'ORACLE_HOME\'\}/ Instead of match, I got a blank prompt > It seems to be a problem with the single quote. If I take it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC9672
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression for line

Hi, I'm trying to extract if the (offset>0 || flags ) from the following line: 90.30.180.90.80 > 90.121.333.308.45133: Flags , seq 14480:15928, ack 1, win 8088, options > 15:59:11.156664 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 20, id 44442, offset 0, flags , proto TCP (6), length 1500) try: offset.(+) ||... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
7 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete lines matching a regular expression

I have a very large file (over 700 million lines) that has some lines that I need to delete. An example of 5 lines of the file: HS4_80:8:2303:19153:193032 153 k80:138891 HS4_80:8:2105:5544:43174 89 k88:81949 165 k88:81949 323 0 * = 323 0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression matching whole words

Hi Consider the file this is a good line when running grep '\b(good|great|excellent)\b' file5 I expect it to match the line but it doesn't... what am i doing wrong?? (ultimately this regex will be in a awk script- just using grep to test it) Thanks, Storms (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract regular expression and line below

Hi all, I have a large fasta (dna sequence) file. I would like to extract a portion of the header as well as the sequence (line below the header). Input: Output: All accession values (the term I want to preserve, which is the string including and directly following "GL") are different, but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
8 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)