Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching files in a directory.Urgent Post 92292 by srivsn on Friday 9th of December 2005 05:53:47 AM
Old 12-09-2005
Parameterising the file pattern

Hi Mona/everyone,

Thx again for Mona Smilie . I need to pass RPT_ as parameter to the shell script which I have below. Say I have created a shell script rn.sh with the code in last reply. Now instead of RPT_ hard coding, I need to give a parameter there and I am using this script in some other job. There I will give the parameter value which includes path name along file name(RPT_). Could you help me in this.....Please give the syntax also.

Thanks,
srivsn

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for files over 30 days old in current directory

May be a simple question for experts here.... I need to get the list of files older than 30 days in the current folder. I tried "find", but it searches recursively in all the sub directories. Can I restrict the recursive search and extract the files only from current directory ? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cxredd4
18 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching files through all subdirectories beneath the current directory

i want to make a bash script that searches a specific pattern in files through all subdirectories beneath the current directory..without using the command grep-R but only the command grep.. e.g for i in * do grep "pattern" $i ..... ... done using the character (*) the script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milagros
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching files inside directory

hey, i need to use grep to search a bunch of header files inside a directory to return which file i can find the function i'm searching for in. how do i use wild cards to search through the files? i can only figure out how to search inside the directory, not inside the files that are in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylethesir
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Searching for files in a Directory

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will search in a particular directory and tell me how many files are in there. I then want to be able to email certain users of how many files are in that directory and what the file names are? any help would be great as i am getting confused. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with searching files and moving them to a different directory

I am new to shell scripting. Can someone help me out with this one please? I need to write a script fot the following scenario: I am currently in /parent directory. I have a set of files in /parent/error_files directory My script has to search for a file in /parent/erratic_files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss3944
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive searching for files in directory that matches a particular name - taking care of links

Hi, I am writing a shell script that finds all files named <myFile> in a directory <dir> or any of its subdirectories, recursively. I also need to take care of symbolic links that may form cycles, to avoid infinite loops. I started writing the code but got stuck. I thought using recursion... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/searching files in subdirectories excluding the fiels in Parent Directory

Hi All, requirement is to find and remove the files from sub directories but it should exclude the files from parent directory. At present i am using the below one but it finds and remove files from both parent and sub directories. find ${PATH} -type f \( -name securitas\* -o -name \*gz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveenkk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Searching the value of a specific attribute among xmls files from a particular directory location

Hi Folks , I have the different xml files at the following directory `/opt/app/rty/servers/tr/current/ops/config` Let's say there are three files named abc.xml bv.xml ert.xml Now inside these xml there can be many tags as like shown below <bean id="sdrt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Searching for a files based on current date directory

Hi All, I've been trying to do some recursive searching but not been very successful. Can someone please help. Scenario: I have directory structure /dir1/dir2/dir3/ 2019/ 11/ 17 18 19 20 so what I want to do is run a script and as its 2019/11/18/ today it would go and only search... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: israr75
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install init scripts and/or upstart jobs into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing init scripts with associated defaults files, as well as upstart job files into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.init If this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , and for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the init script (and default file) as well as upstart job file using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.init, debian/package.name.default and debian/package.name.upstart instead of the usual debian/package.init, debian/package.default and debian/package.upstart. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter is incompatible with the use of upstart jobs. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> 9.20120909 2012-04-10 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)