Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help needed in shell scripting......urgent Post 91912 by dangral on Tuesday 6th of December 2005 01:31:08 PM
Old 12-06-2005
You should really use getopts:

Link

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - shell scripting

I have a file that has text in the format below ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / How can I seperate the text between a pair of 'ABC' into seperate files ??? any information would be of great help. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Urgent help needed - shell script

Dear friends, I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job. 1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent help needed for ksh shell setting

Today I logged as root on my HP-UX server and by mistake executed below command # ksh -i vi Then onwards for every root logging the ksh shell giving wired output to every command e.g # ls kÚ .brw_history .brwpause .brwtmp : : : 1+~H4p+À+~KÑ 1+Ðè d 15kÚ 1d+~èYÑd:ðè½h|À+~èY4:àh|À+ And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me out:-Its Urgent-C Shell Scripting

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prince89
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Korn Shell scripting Help Pleaaaase...

Hello All, Can someone help me to set a user's password from the script using korn shell. The password change is a one time password after user account creation. I tried providing the input file as the value for password field but password change requires tty so my password from an input file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed urgent help with shell script

Hi, Thanks for the reply to the previous posting.I need a shell script to the following.I am entirely new to the comapny and please help me with this. 1) Create the file with a timestamp i.e. nrt_readership.mmddyyyyhhmm 2) The processing job will look for files of the pattern... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharishraja
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell scripting

Hi All, I need to split a flatfile based on it's first character, I am using the following script awk '{print > "TEST_substr($0,1,1).txt"}' PROVIDER.txt It is returning files TEST_1 and TEST_2 But I am not getting the .txt file extension. I need the files like TEST_1.txt and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam35
1 Replies
IETADM(8)							   User Manuals 							 IETADM(8)

NAME
ietadm - iSCSI Enterprise Target Administration Utility. SYNOPSIS
ietadm --op [operation] --tid=[id] [--sid [id]] [--params [key=value,...]] DESCRIPTION
ietadm is used to monitor and modify in real-time the iSCSI Enterprise Target targets and volumes. USAGE
You'll have to get target ids from /proc/net/iet/volumes and sessions ids from /proc/net/iet/session. Some usage examples can be : ietadm --op show --tid=1 display status of target 1 (see /proc/net/iet/volumes to get the matching target name) ietadm --op new --tid=2 create dynamically a new target, numbered 2. CAUTION : the target will disappear if you restart ietd, you'll have to edit /etc/ietd.conf to make it permanent! ERROR MESSAGES
ietadm misses error messages. Look carefully at the STDERR output : in case of error it will send a 3 number error code, ending with -1, for instance : ietd_request 203 3 -1 OPTIONS
--op new --tid=[id] --params Name=[name] add a new target with [id]. If [id] is zero, the lowest free [id] is allocated automatically to the new target. --op delete --tid=[id] delete specific target with [id]. The target must have no active sessions. --op show --tid=[id] show target parameters of target with [id]. --op show --tid=[id] --sid=[sid] show iSCSI parameters in effect for session [sid]. If [sid] is "0" (zero), the configured parameters will be displayed. --op new --tid=[id] --lun=[lun] --params Path=[path] add a new logical unit with [lun] to specific target with [id]. The logical unit is offered to the initiators. [path] must be block device files (including LVM and RAID devices) or regular files. --op delete --tid=[id] --lun=[lun] delete specific logical unit with [lun] that the target with [id] has. --op delete --tid=[id] --sid=[sid] --cid=[cid] delete specific connection with [cid] in a session with [sid] that the target with [id] has. If the session has no connections after the operation, the session will be deleted automatically. --op delete stop all activity. --op update --tid=[id] --params=key1=value1,key2=value2,... change iSCSI IET target parameters of specific target with [id]. You can use parameters in ietd.conf as a key. --op update --tid=[id] --redirect=[destination] set a temporary target redirection for target [id]. [destination] MUST be in the form <ip address>:port where :port is optional and if not specified port 3260 is assumed. IPv6 addresses must be surrounded by square brackets, e.g. [<ipv6 address>]:port. If the destination is empty then any existing redirection is cleared. --op new --tid=[id] --user --params=[user]=[name],Password=[pass] add a new account with [pass] for specific target. [user] could be [IncomingUser] or [OutgoingUser]. If you don't specify a target (omit --tid option), you add a new account for discovery sessions. --op show --tid=[id] --user show a list of CHAP accounts. If --tid is omitted or [id] is "0" (zero), discovery accounts are displayed. --op show --tid=[id] --user --params=[user]=[name] show CHAP account information for the account specified by [name]. [user] can be [IncomingUser] or [OutgoingUser]. If --tid is omitted or [id] is "0" (zero), [name] is supposed to be a discovery account name. --op delete --tid=[id] --user --params=[user]=[name] delete specific account having [name] of specific target. [user] could be [IncomingUser] or [OutgoingUser]. If you don't specify a target (omit --tid option), you delete the account for discovery sessions. --version display version and exit --help display a list of available options and exits KNOWN ISSUES
o ietdadm doesn't return any human-readable error message, only error codes. o ietadm doesn't modify or read the /etc/ietd.conf ietd configuration file. o ietadm can't use target names or aliases, only the tid found in /proc/net/iet/volumes. o /proc/net/iet/session may list inactive sessions if the initiator doesn't logout properly. Report bugs to <iscsitarget-devel@sourceforge.net>. FILES
/proc/net/iet/session, /proc/net/iet/volumes SEE ALSO
ietd(8),ietd.conf(5) iSCSI Enterprise Target admin 2006-06-06 IETADM(8)