Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help needed in shell scripting......urgent Post 91912 by dangral on Tuesday 6th of December 2005 01:31:08 PM
Old 12-06-2005
You should really use getopts:

Link

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - shell scripting

I have a file that has text in the format below ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / ABC / Some text / How can I seperate the text between a pair of 'ABC' into seperate files ??? any information would be of great help. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHell Scripting Help Needed

Dear All, I have an input file like this interface Serial10/0/7:11.1 point-to-point description CLIENT:SA_INSTITUTO ANGLO MEXICANO Sitio Metepec 104452:0,165 bandwidth 64 ip vrf forwarding INSTITUTO-ANGLO ip address 192.168.148.217 255.255.255.252 no ip directed-broadcast frame-relay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Urgent help needed - shell script

Dear friends, I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job. 1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent help needed for ksh shell setting

Today I logged as root on my HP-UX server and by mistake executed below command # ksh -i vi Then onwards for every root logging the ksh shell giving wired output to every command e.g # ls kÚ .brw_history .brwpause .brwtmp : : : 1+~H4p+À+~KÑ 1+Ðè d 15kÚ 1d+~èYÑd:ðè½h|À+~èY4:àh|À+ And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me out:-Its Urgent-C Shell Scripting

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prince89
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Korn Shell scripting Help Pleaaaase...

Hello All, Can someone help me to set a user's password from the script using korn shell. The password change is a one time password after user account creation. I tried providing the input file as the value for password field but password change requires tty so my password from an input file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed urgent help with shell script

Hi, Thanks for the reply to the previous posting.I need a shell script to the following.I am entirely new to the comapny and please help me with this. 1) Create the file with a timestamp i.e. nrt_readership.mmddyyyyhhmm 2) The processing job will look for files of the pattern... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharishraja
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Shell scripting

Hi All, I need to split a flatfile based on it's first character, I am using the following script awk '{print > "TEST_substr($0,1,1).txt"}' PROVIDER.txt It is returning files TEST_1 and TEST_2 But I am not getting the .txt file extension. I need the files like TEST_1.txt and ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam35
1 Replies
PROBE(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						       PROBE(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_probe - Check if message has arrived. SYNOPSIS
C int bufid = pvm_probe( int tid, int msgtag ) Fortran call pvmfprobe( tid, msgtag, bufid ) PARAMETERS
tid Integer task identifier of sending process supplied by the user. msgtag Integer message tag supplied by the user. msgtag should be >= 0. bufid Integer returning the value of the new active receive buffer identifier. Values less than zero indicate an error. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_probe checks to see if a message with label msgtag has arrived from tid. If a matching message has arrived pvm_probe returns a buffer identifier in bufid. This bufid can be used with pvm_bufinfo to determine information about the message such as its source and length. If the requested message has not arrived, then pvm_probe returns with a 0 in bufid. If some error occurs bufid will be < 0. A -1 in msgtag or tid matches anything. This allows the user the following options. If tid = -1 and msgtag is defined by the user, then pvm_probe will accept a message from any process which has a matching msgtag. If msgtag = -1 and tid is defined by the user, then pvm_probe will accept any message that is sent from process tid. If tid = -1 and msgtag = -1, then pvm_probe will accept any message from any process. pvm_probe can be called multiple times to check if a given message has arrived yet. After the message has arrived, pvm_recv must be called before the message can be unpacked into the user's memory using the unpack routines. EXAMPLES
C: tid = pvm_parent(); msgtag = 4 ; arrived = pvm_probe( tid, msgtag ); if ( arrived ) info = pvm_bufinfo( arrived, &len, &tag, &tid ); else /* go do other computing */ Fortran: CALL PVMFPROBE( -1, 4, ARRIVED ) IF ( ARRIVED .GT. 0 ) THEN CALL PVMFBUFINFO( ARRIVED, LEN, TAG, TID, INFO ) ELSE * GO DO USEFUL WORK ENDIF ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_probe. PvmBadParam giving an invalid tid value or msgtag. PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. SEE ALSO
pvm_bufinfo(3PVM), pvm_getminfo(3PVM), pvm_nrecv(3PVM), pvm_recv(3PVM), pvm_unpack(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 PROBE(3PVM)