Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris after init all /tmp file has been removed Post 91856 by yesthomas on Tuesday 6th of December 2005 05:48:25 AM
Old 12-06-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by andryk
You might have a look at /etc/rc.config.d/clean_tmps which defines such a behavior on a hp system ...
I check it, that is correct, is that mean not depened on setup not the file system right? or both?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

6. Linux

file removed

Hi Team, I have deleted a file accidentally by using rm command. I am not the root(admin) user. Can you please let me know how to get that .tex file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can all files under /tmp be safely removed

I wanted to know whether all files under /tmp can be safely removed. I guess that /tmp may also have temporary files for applications currently being worked on, so at the most those applications may just shut down. I hope that my question is clear whether all files under /tmp can be safely... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error removed from file

Below is a flowchart of a program. Most everything works as expected, but there are a couple of issues that I need some expert help on. The check function was setup initially for a single user input. The input has been modified to allow for multiple inputs, so the code below does not work. My... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Containing Extra delimiter should be removed

The input file is this: a|b|c|d x|y|z|n||||||||| p|q|r|s||| g|h|i| w|e|r|| Now as per requirement , each row should have only 3 delimiter. Now the 2nd row & last row has an extra delimiter, How to remove that ? In some large file having 100K data , there can be 100 such rows having... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikdKunal
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Management: Removing of files from Server2 IF the same file is removed from Server1.

Hi Folks, I have a requirement of file management on different servers. Source Server is SERVER-A. Two servers will fetch files from SERVER-A: SERVER1 and SERVER2. 4th SERVER is SERVER-B, It will fetch files from SERVER1. If SERVER1 goes DOWN, SERVER-B will fetch pending files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)