Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting renaming the file with the timestamp Post 91706 by ajubi on Monday 5th of December 2005 03:08:47 AM
Old 12-05-2005
I am trying something like this..

cd /in # Go to in the folder.
if [ -f "$File.xml"]; then # Check for the file if it exists
mv projects.xml ../program # move the file to program directory
fi
cd ../program # cd to the program directory
run command # run the command.

It throws me a error something like this, Please advise..

file.sh: [: missing `]'

???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming with date timestamp

Hi, This is my script: #! /usr/bin/ksh cd /app/chdata/workflow/suppl/esoutput/spd/testing for file in /app/chdata/workflow/suppl/esoutput/spd/testing do sort *.txt | awk '{ file=substr($0,1,2)".txt"; print >> file }' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi, I've a file in the following format 1999-APR-8 17:31:06 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:15 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:25 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:30 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:55 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:32:06 1500 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help..Renaming Quoted files removing the timestamp

Hi all, i am new to this forum, unix and shell scripting. I would really appreciate if you all can help me here.. I have files coming in the below format 'filename20513'13May06:03:45 filename are characters.. like 'ABDDUT20513'13May06:03:45 i need it to be renamed as... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: khman
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking the latest file based on a timestamp for a Dynamic file name

Hi , I did the initial search but could not find what I was expecting for. 15606Always_9999999997_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999998_20160418.xml 15606Always_9999999999_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999900_20160418.xml 9819Always_99999999911_20160418.xmlAbove is the list of files I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
CSSED(1)							    css editor								  CSSED(1)

NAME
cssed - A tiny GTK2 CSS editor and validator. SINOPSIS
cssed [file] | [file] ... DESCRIPTION
cssed is a small but powerful CSS editor for web developing. It features auto completion, CSS syntax validation, and other utilities to help web developer to create and maintain CSS style sheets. OPTIONS
[file] .... Anything passed to the command line will be taken as a regular text file and opened in cssed's editor window. FILES
cssed-def-.xml It's the CSS definition file that stores the CSS valid values or properties. cssed can use the system file installed by default or any file named cssed-def.xml in the .cssed folder on the user's HOME directory. cssed-cfg.xml It's the user's configuration file. It stores the default document settings and the highlighting color scheme. The file is stored always on close on the .cssed folder on the user's HOME directory. USING CSSED
cssed is a X graphical application so it's used with it's menus and toolbar entries. To know more about how to use cssed visit http://cssed.sourceforge.net. LOCALIZED INTERFACE
To run cssed with a Spanish interface on a non Spanish Mac system, just issue the following command in an xterm or equivalent: Bash and zsh users export LANGUAGE=es_ES; cssed tcsh users set LANGUAGE es_ES; cssed Same applies for other languages available in cssed, i.e. English (en_US) and French (fr_FR) at the time being. AUTHOR
Iago Rubio <iago.rubio@hispalinux.es> Iago Rubio Sanfiz 13 April 2004 CSSED(1)