Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding out if a file has been striped or not Post 91478 by jim mcnamara on Friday 2nd of December 2005 12:07:17 PM
Old 12-02-2005
Doing that inside the program could be interesting. Using Perderabo's suggestions would be easier.

If you are in an open source environment, donwload a copy of nm source for your system and see if you can use some of the routines it uses to find the symbol table entries.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to add disk into Striped Volume VxVM

VxVM: How to add one more disk into v08 the stripe should change from 7/128 to 8/128 v v08 - ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292224 SELECT v08-01 fsgen pl v08-01 v08 ENABLED ACTIVE 8954292480 STRIPE 7/128 RW sd bkpdg35-01 v08-01 bkpdg35 17216 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoffry
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script required for finding records in 1 file with corresponding another file.

Hi, I have a .txt file (uniqfields.txt) with 3 fields separated by " | " (pipe symbol). This file contains unique values with respect to all these 3 fields taken together. There are about 40,000 SORTED records (rows) in this file. Sample records are given below. 1TVAO|OVEPT|VO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh - finding pattern in file and generating a new file

I am trying to find for the pattern in first 5 bytes of every line in a text file and then generate a new file with the pattern found. Example: expected pattern is '-' to be serached in first 5 bytes of file only. Input File ab-cd jan-09 ddddd jan09 cc-ww jan09 dsgdq jan-09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX striped LV - lslv stripe width has wrong value

Hello all. I have a volume group with 8 PV's, and a logical volume striped across these 8 volumes. However, an lslv is showing: STRIPE WIDTH: 9 STRIPE SIZE: 64k There's really only eight disks, so how can the stripe width be 9? ODM also showed this: # odmget CuAt |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding filesize , moving file , gzipping file

Hi , Please help with the following questions 1) how can i find size of a file ? i have written du -k $flname > s1 . Is this right ? Any other better suggeastions ? 2) how do I use mv command for moving the file ? I need the syntax with some examples 3) Command for printing the total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learning!
1 Replies

8. AIX

Striped FS , need to add new disks

Hi, I have a filesystem that is created on a VG with 12 disks. The FS is striped on these disks. Now I have to add 10 more disks to this volume group to help increase the space of the same FS that is striped. How should I add these disks to the Vg and i need these disks to be added such the FS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

9. Hardware

RAID5 + STRIPED LUNs

Hello Experts, I have few doubts on RAID 5 with LUNs carved as STRIPE and CONCAT RAID 5 = STRIPE + Parity mirroring I would like to know if the LUNs carved are CONCATE from RAID 5 disk array. Are the I/Os are spread accross the disks within the RAID 5 Array? And if I do carve STRIPED... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sybadm
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding specific string in file and storing in another file

Text in input file is like this <title> <band height="21" isSplitAllowed="true" > <staticText> <reportElement x="1" y="1" width="313" height="20" key="staticText-1"/> <box></box> <textElement> <font fontName="Arial" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aankita30
4 Replies
CHDIST(1)                                                                                                                                CHDIST(1)

NAME
chdist - script to easily play with several distributions SYNOPSIS
chdist [options] [command] [command parameters] DESCRIPTION
chdist is a rewrite of what used to be known as 'MultiDistroTools' (or mdt). Its use is to create 'APT trees' for several distributions, making it easy to query the status of packages in other distribution without using chroots, for instance. OPTIONS
-h, --help Provide a usage message. -d, --data-dir DIR Choose data directory (default: $HOME/.chdist/). -a, --arch ARCH Choose architecture (default: `dpkg --print-architecture`). --version Display version information. COMMANDS
create DIST [URL RELEASE SECTIONS] Prepare a new tree named DIST apt-get DIST <update|source|...> Run apt-get inside DIST apt-cache DIST <show|showsrc|...> Run apt-cache inside DIST apt-rdepends DIST [...] Run apt-rdepends inside DIST src2bin DIST SRCPKG List binary packages for SRCPKG in DIST bin2src DIST BINPKG List source package for BINPKG in DIST compare-packages DIST1 DIST2 [DIST3, ...] compare-bin-packages DIST1 DIST2 [DIST3, ...] List versions of packages in several DISTributions compare-versions DIST1 DIST2 compare-bin-versions DIST1 DIST2 Same as compare-packages/compare-bin-packages, but also runs dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer. compare-src-bin-packages DIST Compare sources and binaries for DIST compare-src-bin-versions DIST Same as compare-src-bin-packages, but also run dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer grep-dctrl-packages DIST [...] Run grep-dctrl on *_Packages inside DIST grep-dctrl-sources DIST [...] Run grep-dctrl on *_Sources inside DIST list List available DISTs COPYRIGHT
This program is copyright 2007 by Lucas Nussbaum and Luk Claes. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. It is licensed under the terms of the GPL, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 CHDIST(1)