Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What are these errors?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What are these errors? Post 91318 by abhijeetkul on Thursday 1st of December 2005 03:15:17 AM
Old 12-01-2005
What are these errors?

root@INTSETICADB # su - oracle
Killed
root@INTSETICADB # su - selectica
Killed

root@INTSETICADB # man prstat
Reformatting page. Please Wait...Segmentation Fault - core dumped
sys(cd /usr/man; /usr/lib/sgml/sgml2roff /usr/man/sman1m/prstat.1m > /tmp/sman_iUaW5x) fail!
aborted (sorry)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help with errors

I am very new to the world of Unix, in the middle of a crash course as I write this due to a system failure for my company. This system went down approximately 24 hours ago due to some apparent thunderstorms that passed through. The problem is that my company, like many others, has laid off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phaedirean
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

errors

fatal server error: couldn't open x pointer device! is one attached? xinit: connection refused (errno 239): unable to connect to X server xinit: no such process (errno3): server error. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nobody
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

4. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X errors

I'm trying to set up x2x between my desktop and laptop, and as a precondition to that, I'm just trying to get each to be able to display programs on the other (e.g. "desktop$ xterm -display laptop:0"). OS is Ubuntu 5.10 and X version is X.org 6.8.2 I've set up X to run without -nolisten, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
1 Replies

6. Programming

errors....

hi i have written a program to display files in a directory but it doesnt compile on the sun/solaris system.... im using gcc(inbuilt compiler) im generally used to working on a windows environment so maybe im overlookiing something ive added comments to help readability of the program i also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UDP errors

Hi, I can see "udpInOverflows" errors when I execute 'netstat -s' on my Solaris box. The number of errors are small - about 40. e.g. $ netstat -s|grep udp UDP udpInDatagrams =1249190732 udpInErrors = 0 udpOutDatagrams =31663030 udpOutErrors = 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while using echo

Hi I am new to shell scripting. I am using a shell script to create a SQL script file and then call it as well. The created SQL script file has calls to 2 other sql script file, as well as compile and execute a procedure. all this works fine. I am getting some simple errors. My code is as below ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: man_expo
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors using ln

ln: Filename1 and Filename2 are identical. Seems to be an error.. Unable to proceed further Can you ppl help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevM
5 Replies
stl_mi(5)							File Formats Manual							 stl_mi(5)

Name
       stl_mi - software distribution master inventory file format

Description
       The master inventory (mi) files are used by the subset kitting program when manufacturing subsets for installation with the utility.

A master inventory file contains one record for each file in a product containing vendor-specified attribute information about each file in
       the kit.

The master inventory contains ASCII data, one record per line.  Each record is composed of three fields, which must  be	separated  by  TAB
       characters.

Here is a description of each of the fields:

FLAGS	 This is an integer flags value. The two lowest bits of this flag are defined. All other bits are reserved for use by Digital.

Bit  0 of this flag is the precedence bit. Setting the precedence bit for a file indicates to that a new copy of this file is not
		 as important to the target system as a copy that is already there. This is used by when determining which files to restore to the
		 system  after	updating a subset. Files containing configuration information that can be modified after being installed are often
		 marked with this flag.

Bit 1 of this flag is defined as the volatility bit. It is used to indicate that the file will change after  being  installed	to
		 the  target  system  and that the changes do not indicate that the contents of the file have been corrupted.  When an application
		 requires a log file, it is often installed as a zero length file on the target system. Such log files are normally marked in  the
		 master inventory with bit 1.

PATHNAME  This  is  the name of the file for which the record exists. The pathname in this field must begin with a leading period (.).  All
		 records in the file must be sorted in ascending order on this field. There cannot be two records in a master inventory that  rep-
		 resent the same file. The program enforces these requirements.

SUBSET	 The  name of the subset to which the file belongs. A file can be distributed as part of one subset only. Files that share a gnode
		 (links) must be in the same subset. Files that are in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset  should
		 have a dash (-) in this field.

Examples
       This example shows a section of the master inventory used to manufacture a release of the ULTRIX software:
       0    ./etc/newfs    UDTBASE040
       0    ./etc/zoneinfo/Poland    -
       0    ./usr/bin/passwd	UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/diskless/dev/rrz2c UDTDL040
       0    ./usr/etc/lockpw	UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/include/search.h   UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/lib/cmplrs/cc2.0/ppu	  UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/lib/libplotdumb.a  UDTPGMR040
       0    ./usr/lib/terminfo/2/2621-nl  UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/lib/terminfo/a/altoh19  UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/lib/terminfo/h/h19b	  UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/lib/terminfo/t/tek4024  UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/man/man1/capsar.1  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man1/ptx.1     UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man2/listen.2  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man3/endhostent.3n  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man3/ldaopen.3x	  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man3/ruserok.3x	  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man3/tparm.3cur	  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man5/tzfile.5  UDTMAN040
       0    ./usr/man/man8/secsetup.8	  -
       0    ./usr/sys/MIPS/BINARY/mc146818clock.o   UDTBIN040
       0    ./usr/sys/data/dhu_data.c	  UDTBIN040
       0    ./usr/sys/h/devio.h UDTBASE040
       0    ./usr/sys/io/uba/qduser.h	  UDTBIN040
       0    ./usr/sys/net/rpc/clnt.h UDTBIN040
       0    ./usr/var/dss/ncs/llbd   UDTRPCRT040

See Also
       invcutter(1), kits(1), iff(8), setld(8).
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

stl_mi(5)