Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX unixODBC - Problems in the execution of isql Post 91285 by zazzybob on Wednesday 30th of November 2005 05:18:29 PM
Old 11-30-2005
Please read the RULES. Cross and duplicate posting is not permitted. I will delete your duplicate thread from the HP-UX Forum.

Thanks,
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

to install unixODBC with problems

I'm trying to install the unixODBC in HP-UX 11.11 (64 bits), but when executing the ./configure I got the following results: root@server:/usr/local/unixODBC-2.2.11# ./configure checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/imake/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulexpert
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Cron and isql

Dear Friends, I am running a script which runs a select query from a sybase table and outputs the result (1 row) into a .txt file in unix. When I run the script manually it behaves normally. However it doesnt run in crontab. #!/usr/bin/ksh . /opt/ivb/config/set_env ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
1 Replies

3. Programming

execution problems with cron

how to store a date into file? and how we can access date from the file? ---------- Post updated at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:08 AM ---------- how we can store date in file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: causalmodi777
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi all!! I have a nerve-wracking concept (probably for me!!) which is not understood. My crontab entry looks this way. 33 09 22 3 * /home/myexp.sh "Bgp4 ALL" >/dev/null 2>&1 But cron gets started occasionally. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it does not. And sometimes it hangs in the middle (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivyasuresh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems!!

i have been working on this for a about 12 hours today say's end of file un expected any idea's using the bourne shell and its driving me nuts worked fine in bash but prof says make it work in bourne and good luck worth 13% any help would be awesome #!/bin/sh trap "rm mnt2/source/tmp/* 2>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrhiab
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems

this my source file ************* fixed *************** Begin equipmentId : d9 processor : fox number : bhhhhhh Variable # 1: Id : 100 Type : 9 nType : s gType : 5f mType : 4 LField : England DataField : london Length ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Execution problems with swreg

HP UX 10.20 I have a directory "/var/spool/sw" which is supposed to be a "Depot" directory. Turns out it is not and when using the swreg command "swreg -l /var/spool/sw" I get errors in part ERROR for option "-l /var/spool/sw" keyword or it's value may be incorrect or the keyword does not apply... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution problems

How to find a word in a directory which contains many files? i just want to count how many such words are present in all the files? This is the code which i tried for a single file echo "Enter the file name:" read file echo "Enter the word to search:" read word if then echo "The count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with awk

Ubuntu, Bash 4.3.48 Hi, I have this input file: a1:b2:c30:g4:h12:j7 and I want this output file: a1=g4:b2=h12:c30=j7 I can do it this with this code: awk -F':' '{print $1"="$4":"$2"="$5":"$3"="$6"}' INPUT > OUTPUTIn this case I have 6 columns, I calculate manually the half number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Solaris 8

i have problems with using solaries 8 . code and commands for extracting files from CD ? especially extracting file.jar from package and batch (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies
USELIB(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 USELIB(2)

NAME
uselib - load shared library SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int uselib(const char *library); DESCRIPTION
The system call uselib() serves to load a shared library to be used by the calling process. It is given a pathname. The address where to load is found in the library itself. The library can have any recognized binary format. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
In addition to all of the error codes returned by open(2) and mmap(2), the following may also be returned: EACCES The library specified by library does not have read or execute permission, or the caller does not have search permission for one of the directories in the path prefix. (See also path_resolution(7).) ENFILE The system limit on the total number of open files has been reached. ENOEXEC The file specified by library is not an executable of known type, e.g., does not have the correct magic numbers. CONFORMING TO
uselib() is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
uselib() was used by early libc startup code to load the shared libraries with names found in an array of names in the binary. Since libc 4.3.2, startup code tries to prefix these names with "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "" before giving up. In libc 4.3.4 and later these names are looked for in the directories found in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and if not found there, prefixes "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "/" are tried. From libc 4.4.4 on only the library "/lib/ld.so" is loaded, so that this dynamic library can load the remaining libraries needed (again using this call). This is also the state of affairs in libc5. glibc2 does not use this call. SEE ALSO
ar(1), gcc(1), ld(1), ldd(1), mmap(2), open(2), dlopen(3), capabilities(7), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2005-01-09 USELIB(2)