Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pre defined variables
Top Forums Programming pre defined variables Post 91069 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of November 2005 08:17:12 PM
Old 11-29-2005
Just to confirm that there is absolutely no way to change the preprocessor at runtime. The preprocessor only runs once, during compile time; to change what the preprocessor sees, you must recompile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf for user defined variables

I am working on a SunFire 480 - uname -a gives: SunOS bsmdb02 5.9 Generic_112233-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R I am tyring to sum up the total size of all the directories for each running database using awk: #!/usr/bin/ksh for Database in `ps -efl | grep "ora_pmon" | grep -v grep |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ramdisk already defined

I am trying to mount the ramdisk for sorting, and i get the message "ramdisk already defined." What exactly is /dev/ramdisk0 and is it safe to remove it? # command sudo -S mktd 60 <<EOF initiate EOF # block of code for mktd ... && { print "ramdisk already defined." ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab jobs don't see variables defined in /etc/profile

Is it true that Crontab jobs don't see variables defined in /etc/profile? How to get around that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user defined commands

Hi, i would like to create user defined commands. e,g: if an user executes , mkdircd test then a directory called test should be created and it should be cd to test. How i can create the command mkdircd with below action: mkdir $1 && cd $1. Please help me in achieving this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
7 Replies

5. AIX

Harddisk1 => Defined

I have an IBM 9110-51A p Series Server with AIX 5.3. It has 2 scsi hard disks hdisk0 and hdisk1 (and 4 on disk array). hdisk1 for few days ago is "Defined". When hdisk1 began "defined" i have a new one unknown disk "available" which called hdisk6. The left led of the case of hdisk1 on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stetsip
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an automated pre-defined file pickup method

Hi Gurus, I need to develop a script which picks the files in a pre-defined order. The files from monday-friday will be named as abc_01_20130923 as monday's file and abc_02_20130924 as tuesday's..so..so forth till friday's which will be named as abc_05_20130927.It repeats over for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramgk9
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing math using user defined input and system environment variables

Hi, I need some help to setup some environmental variables. for example...Get A -> userdefined/user input B -> a number. c -> system variable...for example $GETCONF PAGE_SIZE E = do some math using bc display a message "The value is E" setup the system/kernel paramter sysctl -p... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanapandi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash script to subdivide a given subnet into a pre-defined number of smaller subnets?

Bash script to subdivide a given subnet into a pre-defined number of smaller subnets. Show network/broadcast address, number of hosts and assign gateway. For example: Input: ./subnetter.sh 192.168.0.0/24 3 Output: 192.168.0.0/128 subnet 192.168.0.0 broadcast 192.168.0.127 gateway... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2rias
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash script to subdivide a given subnet into a pre-defined number of smaller subnets?

Bash script to subdivide a given subnet into a pre-defined number of smaller subnets. Show network/broadcast address, number of hosts and assign gateway. For example: Input: ./subnetter.sh 192.168.0.0/24 3 Output: 192.168.0.0/128 subnet 192.168.0.0 broadcast 192.168.0.127 gateway... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2rias
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How are environment variables defined in a Gnome terminal session?

Hello... and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me with my question! I'm hoping someone will have a little patience with me and walk me through this! I'm trying to understand a user login process on Centos 7 and I've gotten a bit confused trying to figure out when/how a Gnome... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
4 Replies
MMROFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MMROFF(1)

NAME
mmroff - reference preprocessor SYNOPSIS
mmroff [ -x ] groff_arguments DESCRIPTION
mmroff is a simple preprocessor for groff, it is used for expanding references in mm, see groff_mm(7). groff is executed twice, first with -z and -rRef=1 to collect all references and then to do the real processing when the reference file is up to date. -x Just create the reference file. This can be used to refresh the reference file, it isn't always needed to have accurate references and by using this option groff will only be run once. AUTHOR
Jorgen Hagg, Lund, Sweden <jh@axis.se>. FILES
/usr/share/groff/1.18.1/tmac/tmac.m /usr/share/groff/1.18.1/tmac/mm/*.cov /usr/share/groff/1.18.1/tmac/mm/*.MT /usr/share/groff/1.18.1/tmac/mm/locale SEE ALSO
groff_mm(7), groff_mmse(7), groff(1), troff(1), tbl(1), pic(1), eqn(1) Groff Version 1.18.1 09 December 2001 MMROFF(1)