Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple Copy?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple Copy? Post 90855 by twomdsi on Monday 28th of November 2005 11:46:23 AM
Old 11-28-2005
Also...

The directories are named by Julian Date... so the most recently created directory would have the latest date as a name.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple to you not simple to me pattern matchin help

hey all, im new and my first question is: say i have a word "blahblah" how do i get and replace the last letter of the word with say k, so replace the h with a k. However you cant just replace the h it has to change the LAST LETTER of the word. Cheers In advance. :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleks001
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question abt Copy command.

Hi ! All This is very simple question.... How to write a 'cp' command interative. Example : cp /wlsuite/om/cm/Tools/deploy_scripts/*.xml ${INF_ROOT}/tmp | echo "" || echo " Pls investigate ..." My intent was > to copy the files. > CP fails... then let know the user. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH shell script to rename webcam jpg and copy into a new directory.

System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex I'm running webcamd as a sort of "security" program, but I need a script that will archive my webcam.jpg files. So, take the following file: /home/slag/www/webcam.jpg Rename it--preferably with a time stamp. Place it in say: /home/slag/www/history/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple unix file copy and output in directories

Hi, I am fairly new to unix, and am trying to copy all files with the name "*.cons" within a directory (and all of the many directories within it) to a new directory called "output". There are multiple nested directories, and I would like to just pull out the files with ".cons" and not the other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: euspilapteryx
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me with this simple file copy from Unix

Hello, Imagine I am on a Unix system, connected to server via telnet. I do 'ls' and I see the file listed - OK. Filename=ems.log. Then I need to copy such file from this server to my Windows network share \\windowsserver\myshare\smith. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlon2010
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple copy script?

Guys I want to do this: copy: /var/router/system1/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system2/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system3/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system4/config/backup/install.put into: /var/router/system1/config/install.dat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-jy] [[month] year] cal [-j] -m month [year] ncal [-jJpwy] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-Jeo] [year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. -o Display date of orthodox easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as specified by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calendar for the month of August in the current year). A year starts on Jan 1. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian--Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. BSD
November 23, 2004 BSD