Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with NFS daemon?????
Operating Systems AIX problem with NFS daemon????? Post 90822 by aixteam on Monday 28th of November 2005 04:52:14 AM
Old 11-28-2005
Question problem with NFS daemon?????

hi team
we had a problem in mounting a network file system from source server to target server and we are not able to mount the file system and we checked all the configuration files and we execute the command in the source server

lssrc -a | grep nfsd we found that 2 nfsd in that one is active and another is inoperative

Is this cause for our problem ?or any other thing?

could any one help me regarding this issue?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Problem !

Hi, I've mounted one of the file systems on another machine manually on /mnt located on my machine , after finishing my work i want to umount this /mnt , but all the time it says " nfs umount : /mnt : is busy " ,although it's not. so i tried to stop & start Nfs services manually (Incld :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Problem

For having shared file system i've been using nfs ,but regarding this i've some problem ,when i execute "df -ak" i can see the shared file system & i can also go there & list files ,but when i want to create anything in this area (Incld. file ,dir ....) i get permission denied. (i've shared related... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nfs problem help

I am having problem mounting my nfs mount on my sun solaris 8 through automount using the automaster file. this has been working fine until today, when my workstation tries to mount the nfs mount the following error is logged in /var/adm/message NFS lookup failed for server comserv: error 7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

4. AIX

nfs problem...

Got a prob.. I am trying to export a directory and mount it on to a server using NFS. My exporting goes fine as I am able to see the shares through "exportfs -v" But when I am trying to mount the directory on a the client.. I get an error.. "system call error number - 1" pls help.... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
3 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS Daemon

I'm setting up a solaris server at home. At the moment I have to keep running: /etc/init.d/nfs.server start To start my NFS server process. Is there anything I can do to make this happen automatically at boot? Many thanks in anticipation. Stin. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
4 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS problem on Solaris 8

I have problem to map directory from the client. But here is what I have done on the server # exportfs - /export/home/sefas/director/traffic rw "" # ps -ef|grep nfs root 192 1 0 May 20 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/nfs/lockd daemon 193 1 0 May 20 ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamsul
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem with NFS

Hi All, I have shared a directory from Linux machine which will be accessible from other linux servers without any problem. But when I try to access ( ie mount) on other Solaris machine, it is giving below error. #mount -F nfs IP of nfs server:/share /localmountpoint nfs mount : mount:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with NFS

Hello everyone I need to share a file system with two Aix boxes, the version is 5.3 tl9. I create the nfs and I can see the files from both servers, but the problem with one of them is that I can write on the file or If I create a new one I canīt. On the server that I create the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

9. SCO

Problem with nfs exports between 5.0.5 and 5.0.7

Hello everyone! I have two systems: an old SCO 5.0.5 Openserver (here's the uname -a output): /# uname -a SCO_SV munixela 3.2 5.0.5 i386 And a SCO 5.0.7 OpenServer (uname -a output): /# uname -a SCO_SV catedral 3.2 5.0.7 i386 I exported a Filesystem from the 5.0.7 machine, using the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: superchivo
13 Replies

10. IP Networking

effects of bin file stored in nfs & run as daemon

Hi, Good Day, I had this question in my mind.Hope someone can give me his/her thought about it. Question: I had a binary files stored in the nfs system and mounted several workstation locally and running as deamon. Is there in effect to the networks or any problem me arise regarding network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies
rpc.nfsd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       rpc.nfsd(8)

NAME
rpc.nfsd - NFS server process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd [options] nproc DESCRIPTION
The rpc.nfsd program implements the user level part of the NFS service. The main functionality is handled by the nfsd kernel module. The user space program merely specifies what sort of sockets the kernel service should listen on, what NFS versions it should support, and how many kernel threads it should use. The rpc.mountd server provides an ancillary service needed to satisfy mount requests by NFS clients. OPTIONS
-d or --debug enable logging of debugging messages -H or --host hostname specify a particular hostname (or address) that NFS requests will be accepted on. By default, rpc.nfsd will accept NFS requests on all known network addresses. Note that lockd (which performs file locking services for NFS) may still accept request on all known network addresses. This may change in future releases of the Linux Kernel. -p or --port port specify a diferent port to listen on for NFS requests. By default, rpc.nfsd will listen on port 2049. -N or --no-nfs-version vers This option can be used to request that rpc.nfsd does not offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.nfsd can support both NFS version 2,3 and the newer version 4. -s or --syslog By default, rpc.nfsd logs error messages (and debug messages, if enabled) to stderr. This option makes rpc.nfsd log these messages to syslog instead. Note that errors encountered during option processing will still be logged to stderr regardless of this option. -T or --no-tcp Disable rpc.nfsd from accepting TCP connections from clients. -U or --no-udp Disable rpc.nfsd from accepting UDP connections from clients. nproc specify the number of NFS server threads. By default, just one thread is started. However, for optimum performance several threads should be used. The actual figure depends on the number of and the work load created by the NFS clients, but a useful starting point is 8 threads. Effects of modifying that number can be checked using the nfsstat(8) program. Note that if the NFS server is already running, then the options for specifying host, port, and protocol will be ignored. The number of processes given will be the only option considered, and the number of active nfsd processes will be increased or decreased to match this number. In particular rpc.nfsd 0 will stop all threads and thus close any open connections. NOTES
If the program is built with TI-RPC support, it will enable any protocol and address family combinations that are marked visible in the netconfig database. SEE ALSO
rpc.mountd(8), exports(5), exportfs(8), rpc.rquotad(8), nfsstat(8), netconfig(5). AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, Bill Hawes, H. J. Lu, G. Allan Morris III, and a host of others. 7 Aug 2006 rpc.nfsd(8)