Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris define nvalias's cdrom URGENTLY plse!!! Post 90262 by pressy on Monday 21st of November 2005 06:38:01 AM
Old 11-21-2005
try:

nvalias cdrom
/ssm@0,0/pci@18,700000/pci@2/SUNW,isptwo@4/disk@6,0:f

setenv use-nvramrc true

gP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information Urgently.

Hi i dont know about the UNIX OS at all but now as my Project requires, i need to learn it as soon as possible. Could anybody please help me out in suggessting any good elementary book on UNIX OS so that atleast i can learn the commands for UNIX servers and at the same time within the short span... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit_krishan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major Help Urgently Needed!!!!

Right deleted Linux partition usig windows then went to format c:\ but had to exit window now pc ONLY boots into GNU Grub. Does anyone know how to format the hard drive now????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billett05
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Reboot problem !!! urgent plse !!!!!!!!!!!

Operatin System : Solaris 5.9 Server : Sun Fire 3800 Shutdown and reboot i receive the following messages ..... un Fire 3800 OpenFirmware version 5.15.2 (08/04/03 10:27) Copyright 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SmartFirmware,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script issues - Plse help guru's

Hi, I have written the following UNIX for HP-UX 11i. The script basically checks for files older then 45mins in 2 repective directories and then sends and email to the administrator about them. Problem with the script is that I can run it from the command line and crontabtab but 80% of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help urgently

Hi to All, I m a regular visitor of this site but this one is my first thread . Although I ve tried but I cant find the solution .:confused: I ve number of files having extension .file., which having some define statement in it.The files consits as follows Ex:- abc.file `define ADCONV0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed urgently

hi all i need help I am confused and stucked. Actually i am new in this scripting stuff. I want to give complete txt file as a input to a variable and then sort the data in the file according to the alpha numeric characters, as my text file contains ! and !! and !!! indicating Minor, Major and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
11 Replies

7. Solaris

most urgently about pc-routing

Hi I have knowledge is a little about Solaris 10. I have problem route Question I have two lan interfaces nge0 >> 192.168.1.1 / 24 and link up Client1 >> 192.168.1.10 not out internet (GW 192.168.1.254) nge1 >> 192.168.50.220 /24 and link up Client50 >> 192.168.50.1 can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sermsuk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently....

I am new to shell scripting I am getting file sample.txt from mainframes to my unix machine Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I need to Compare timestamp of sample.txt against system time via a Unix script kicked off by an Autosys job My Task is to write a shell script to monitor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies
sysdef(1M)						  System Administration Commands						sysdef(1M)

NAME
sysdef - output system definition SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysdef [-i] [-n namelist] /usr/sbin/sysdef [-h] [-d] [-i] [-D] DESCRIPTION
The sysdef utility outputs the current system definition in tabular form. It lists all hardware devices, as well as pseudo devices, system devices, loadable modules, and the values of selected kernel tunable parameters. It generates the output by analyzing the named bootable operating system file (namelist) and extracting the configuration information from it. The default system namelist is /dev/kmem. OPTIONS
-i Prints the configuration information from /dev/kmem. This is the default and only needs to be specified if the configura- tion information from both /dev/kmem and the system file specified with the "-n namelist" option is needed. -nnamelist Specifies a namelist other than the default (/dev/kmem). The namelist specified must be a valid bootable operating system. -h Prints the identifier of the current host in hexadecimal. This numeric value is unique across all Sun hosts. -d The output includes the configuration of system peripherals formatted as a device tree. -D For each system peripheral in the device tree, display the name of the device driver used to manage the peripheral. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output format The following example displays the format of the sysdef -d output: example% sysdef -d Node 'SUNW,Ultra-5_10', unit #-1 Node 'packages', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'terminal-emulator', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'deblocker', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'obp-tftp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'disk-label', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,builtin-drivers', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sun-keyboard', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'ufs-file-system', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'chosen', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'openprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'client-services', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'options', unit #0 Node 'aliases', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'virtual-memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'ebus', unit #0 Node 'auxio', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'power', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,pll', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'se', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'su', unit #0 Node 'su', unit #1 Node 'ecpp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'fdthree', unit #0 Node 'eeprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'flashprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,CS4231', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'network', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,m64B', unit #0 Node 'ide', unit #0 Node 'disk', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'cdrom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sd', unit #1 Node 'dad', unit #1 Node 'pci', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pseudo', unit #0 [output truncated] FILES
/dev/kmem default operating system image ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostid(1), prtconf(1M), nlist(3ELF), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2004 sysdef(1M)