Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in moving
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users help in moving Post 90196 by shafique on Sunday 20th of November 2005 02:02:50 AM
Old 11-20-2005
file hsnvalue.op gets output as
HSN=0,tool=123
HSN=0,tool=123
HSN=0,tool=123
HSN=0,tool=123
HSN=0,tool=123
HSN=0,tool=123
i want to move only one value to another file final.op since all lines are identical how do i get one value,remember the numerical value change every time u run next if u run net tin it give op to hsnvalue.op as
HSN=4,tool=566
HSN=4,tool=566
HSN=4,tool=566
HSN=4,tool=566
HSN=4,tool=566
HSN=4,tool=566

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving between vi files

would any one please tell me which keys we used between opened vi files backward and forward Thanks Ayah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aya_r
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files

Hi There, I am trying to move files, the file is present in this location: /iAm4Free/test/generate/txt/information.txt I need to move it to: /iAm4Free/test1/generate/txt/information.txt The only difference is the "test" is replaced with "test1". But the constraint is. The parent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iAm4Free
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files

I wrote a script which moves files on first in first out basis. for i in `ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -10 | awk '{print $9}'` do mv $i Test/ done But donno some reason, this is not working on my Linux box. May i know the reason? Can the above script be done by using positional... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Moving zones

Hi, I try to move zone to new server and this is what I done: zoneadm -z myzone halt zoneadm -z myzone deatach cd /mypath/ tar cf myzone.tar myzone ftp it over to new server: tar xf myzone.tar zonecfg -z myzone create -a /mypath/myzone commit exit Problem is here: # zoneadm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

not moving !!

Hi I have written the following piece of code to move all files with name *.sh to *.bak the o/p i am getting is *.sh.bak Pls help cat filename | while read line do mv $line $line.sh done filename file conatins file.sh file1.sh file2.sh expected o/p is file.bak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files

Hi I need to be able to move files from one central locations to different servers on our network. So i want all of our operators to place files to one area on the main storage area. From there i need a script that first checks the file is stable (finished copying) then copy to another server,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving between workspaces

In Linux if Alt+Ctrl+KeyPad# is issued from a Bash shell, will a user then be able to invoke Firefox commands to Firefox from a Bash shell? Would one be able to issue another Alt+Ctrl+Key# to return to the initial workspace containing the Bash script? How do Alt+Ctrl+KeyPad# and Ctrl+F#... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

8. AIX

Moving tapes

Hello, anybody out there that is using itdt to manage tape changes in a tape library. The help of itdt show a move subcommand but I can't get it to work. Env: AIX5.3 Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library -> rmt1 Available 01-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) # itdt says it finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files to VM

Hi guys, i need to test a script on my RedHat which it's mounted on a VirtualBox (oracle VM). So i need to copy a directory with subdirectories, from a remote host to my VM. I'd like to do that within cmd not with program like Filezilla or something like that. Any idea please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving directories

Hi Can I ask a (probably) easy question? I have a range of files in nested directories: subj_01/session_1/AAA/safe.txt subj_01/session_1/AAA/sample.txt subj_01/session_1/DDD/results.txt This is repeated for three sessions for each of subj_{01..026} Is there a way of copying the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: montywaite
9 Replies
GIT-DIFFTOOL(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-DIFFTOOL(1)

NAME
git-difftool - Show changes using common diff tools SYNOPSIS
git difftool [<options>] [<commit> [<commit>]] [--] [<path>...] DESCRIPTION
git difftool is a git command that allows you to compare and edit files between revisions using common diff tools. git difftool is a frontend to git diff and accepts the same options and arguments. See git-diff(1). OPTIONS
-y, --no-prompt Do not prompt before launching a diff tool. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the diff tool. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. -t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the diff tool specified by <tool>. Valid diff tools are: araxis, bc3, deltawalker, diffuse, emerge, ecmerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, kompare, meld, opendiff, p4merge, tkdiff, vimdiff and xxdiff. If a diff tool is not specified, git difftool will use the configuration variable diff.tool. If the configuration variable diff.tool is not set, git difftool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable difftool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting difftool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git difftool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known diff tools, git difftool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable difftool.<tool>.cmd. When git difftool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the diff.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with the following variables available: $LOCAL is set to the name of the temporary file containing the contents of the diff pre-image and $REMOTE is set to the name of the temporary file containing the contents of the diff post-image. $MERGED is the name of the file which is being compared. $BASE is provided for compatibility with custom merge tool commands and has the same value as $MERGED. -x <command>, --extcmd=<command> Specify a custom command for viewing diffs. git-difftool ignores the configured defaults and runs $command $LOCAL $REMOTE when this option is specified. Additionally, $BASE is set in the environment. -g, --gui When git-difftool is invoked with the -g or --gui option the default diff tool will be read from the configured diff.guitool variable instead of diff.tool. See git-diff(1) for the full list of supported options. CONFIG VARIABLES
git difftool falls back to git mergetool config variables when the difftool equivalents have not been defined. diff.tool The default diff tool to use. diff.guitool The default diff tool to use when --gui is specified. difftool.<tool>.path Override the path for the given tool. This is useful in case your tool is not in the PATH. difftool.<tool>.cmd Specify the command to invoke the specified diff tool. See the --tool=<tool> option above for more details. difftool.prompt Prompt before each invocation of the diff tool. SEE ALSO
git-diff(1) Show changes between commits, commit and working tree, etc git-mergetool(1) Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts git-config(1) Get and set repository or global options GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-DIFFTOOL(1)