Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting output string in reversing order Post 90155 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 19th of November 2005 04:27:49 AM
Old 11-19-2005
this had been already posted

you should have tried with the search option

here is the link

could u please make a try!!!

reversing a string

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing and trim a String through SHELL script

All I want to reverse and trim a string using UNIX shell scripts.Iam using Bourne shells. Can you help me? Thanx in advance Regards Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing file order using SED

Im trying to develop a shell script that will change the content order of the file. For example I have a file that says a b c d I want to change this to be d c b a Im trying to use sed to this by reading the file and then inserting each line at the top #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and reversing a string

Hi Everyone....I am new to Unix and BASH programming...I just want to read a string and reverse it and display.....can anyone help me out???? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reversing order of lines in a file

how can i reverse the line order in text files? (but total number of the lines is not constant ) for example i have a file like this: line1 line2 line3 . . lineN i wantto make it like this: lineN . . . line3 (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
26 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Alert:Reversing part of a string?

Hello all, Wondering if anyone can help me out. Trying to cut the names out of the /etc/passwd file so that they can be displayed first then last name. I cut them out and put them into variables but cant get them to display side by side after cutting. Anyone able to help a newbie? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reversing line and word order using awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I was wandering if I could reverse line and word order from a text file using awk. I figured out how to do them both separately, but can't quite figure out how to mix them. Example: Input file: dog cat mouse 1 2 3 I am new to awk Output of the awk program:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blink_w
3 Replies

7. Programming

Some error with number of keyboard inputs occured with this code for reversing a string..

i used a two-way linked list "node" for the code:: #include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> void insert(); void reverse(); struct node { char c; struct node *next; struct node *back; }*start=NULL; int main() { int n,i; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscoder
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep output order

The order of egrep output seems to be as they occur in the file. How do I get the order as requested? For e.g. file contents: AAA EEE GGG egrep 'GGG|AAA|EEE' file gives AAA EEE GGG instead of GGG AAA EEE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavb
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing text order of each line of a file in UNIX

My input is: hello how are you my chemistry book is lost what is up etc... And I want the output to be: you are how hello lost is book chemistry my up is what .... I found an earlier response to a similar question but it was not accurate as it required a certain string length for each line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heidi Heweidy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why does output order change?

I have this END section in an awk script: END { for (j in littlebin) { print (j, int(log(j)/log(2)) , littlebin) lbsum+=littlebin } for (i in bins) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::Image - Image object for WWW::Mechanize SYNOPSIS
Image object to encapsulate all the stuff that Mech needs Constructor new() Creates and returns a new "WWW::Mechanize::Image" object. my $image = WWW::Mechanize::Image->new( { url => $url, base => $base, tag => $tag, name => $name, # From the INPUT tag height => $height, # optional width => $width, # optional alt => $alt, # optional } ); Accessors $link->url() URL from the link $link->base() Base URL to which the links are relative. $link->name() Name for the field from the NAME attribute, if any. $link->tag() Tag name (either "image" or "input") $link->height() Image height $link->width() Image width $link->alt() ALT attribute from the source tag, if any. $link->URI() Returns the URL as a URI::URL object. $link->url_abs() Returns the URL as an absolute URL string. SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize and WWW::Mechanize::Link COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2004-2010 Andy Lester. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: o the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or o the Artistic License version 2.0. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)