Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sharing a directory
Operating Systems HP-UX sharing a directory Post 90101 by Just Ice on Friday 18th of November 2005 08:10:29 AM
Old 11-18-2005
exportfs -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Sharing

I'm new to the unix world, but have been asked if our company could set up a high speed internet connection to our unix server in order to connect all our users without haveing to pay for all these telephone lines. I assume it is easy but unsafe. Any help from the basics to the advanced will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

my computer and the rest of my network run Mac OS X , and i was wondering how or if your can transfer files from other computers with the Terminal. i also wanna know where i can download a free UNIX version and more on the sudo command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sharing :0

I need some help on sharing the :0 display with access from a remote cunix box (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dartay
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

sharing swap fs

hi I have one little question. Can I use one swap fs for two unix? I have one Linux, and soon one Solaris, I'm about to create the filesystem for Install Solaris, and I wonder if I can use swap space that I'm already have. So there is not going to be two unix running at the same time, so I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: comadreja
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem sharing

Hello guys. I am runnign SCO OSr5 and I need to share the modem with the local PCs in my network.. Can some one help? is this posible and if it is, how? F,Ruiz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruizf
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file sharing

i want to share some file to some user of my group(there are many users in a perticular group). So how should i do that?And i m not a super user. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Processes sharing.......

What are the differences in processes sharing variables, memory pages or files? Is one safer than another? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS_CC
1 Replies

9. Solaris

sharing a directory between local and global zone

is this the step? add fs set dir=/export set special=/export set type=lofs add options rw end i notice i can't post immediately, moderator needs to moderate. i have 1 more post still haven't appear in the forum..hmm.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary0011
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 9 Home Directory, Two Machines Sharing a NAS

Good Morning, I have 2 Solaris 9 machines sharing a NAS, and need to have users to be able to log in from the 2nd machine and get to all of their files on the NAS that were created on the 1st machine. So far its working ok, but when users log in to the second machine, their user IDs show... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
20 Replies
exportfs(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         exportfs(1B)

NAME
exportfs - translates exportfs options to share/unshare commands SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/exportfs [-aiuv] [-o options] [pathname] DESCRIPTION
exportfs translates SunOS 4.x exportfs options to the corresponding share/unshare options and invokes share/unshare with the translated options. With no options or arguments, exportfs invokes share to print out the list of all currently shared NFS filesystems. exportfs is the BSD/Compatibility Package command of share(1M) and unshare(1M). Use share(1M)/ unshare(1M) whenever possible. OPTIONS
-a Invokes shareall(1M), or if -u is specified, invokes unshareall(1M). -i Ignore options in /etc/dfs/dfstab. -u Invokes unshare(1M) on pathname. -v Verbose. -o options Specify a comma-separated list of optional characteristics for the filesystems being exported. exportfs translates options to share-equivalent options. (see share(1M) for information about individual options). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
share(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), unshareall(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 exportfs(1B)