Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux SuSe 7.2 prof
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux SuSe 7.2 prof Post 8997 by jerzey4life on Saturday 20th of October 2001 09:58:38 PM
Old 10-20-2001
i tried it on an amd 500 and got for the most part the same error.

i switched boxes to a intell 550 and it worked fine...

suse is a pain in the but some days...

my roommate just installed it on a amd 550 .. and he had no problems......

if you bought the disks i would try to get some help from support.....
i didnt care to spend the time so i just switched boxes....

good luck

jerzey

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to the prof/gprof tool

Hello everyone I want to use the standard Unix prof/gprof tool for my application but I cannot get through the compilation part. I have add the -xpg option in my makefile as specified in the cc man page but the linker gives me the following error: ***************************************... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Fedora Windows XP Prof dual boot

Faced with a "learn the new platform at your own expense or lose your job" ultimatum, I bought a Maxtor internal HD and added it to my older HP desktop which had been upgraded from Windows to Windows Professional. I installed Fedora on the new 500 GB HD and tried putting the Fedora boot partition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba18
5 Replies

4. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
MK-AMD-MAP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     MK-AMD-MAP(8)

NAME
mk-amd-map -- create database maps for amd(8) SYNOPSIS
mk-amd-map [-p] mapname DESCRIPTION
The mk-amd-map utility creates the database maps used by the keyed map lookups in amd(8). It reads input from the named file and outputs them to a correspondingly named hashed database. The -p option prints the map on standard output instead of generating a database. This is usually used to merge continuation lines into one physical line. SEE ALSO
amd.conf(5), amd(8) ``am-utils'' info(1) entry. Erez Zadok, Linux NFS and Automounter Administration, Sybex, 2001, ISBN 0-7821-2739-8. http://www.am-utils.org/ Amd - The 4.4 BSD Automounter. AUTHORS
Jan-Simon Pendry <jsp@doc.ic.ac.uk>, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK. Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.sunysb.edu>, Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University, New York, USA Other authors and contributors to am-utils are listed in the AUTHORS file distributed with am-utils. BSD
January 2, 2006 BSD