Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Restore
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Restore Post 89779 by hishamkashan on Tuesday 15th of November 2005 07:24:14 PM
Old 11-15-2005
Restore

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my windows XP, the problem started when I discovered a PUP (Potential Unwanted Program), that used to generate pop ups. I uninstalled it, but it started to regenerate itself! so I had to delete it, and everything has anything to do with this program. Unfortunately, one of the things that I deleted ( I don't know which one) affected my windows badly, insuch away that I couldn't open anything. I tried to open them from program files, but when I click on any .exe file it come up with a massage saying ( windows can not open this file) and when I choose ( Use the web service to find the appropriate program) it doesn't go to the web browser ( although there is no problem with the internet). I know the best solution is to reinstall windows. However, when I put the CD in and I click on Set-up it came with the same message ( windows can not.......) as set-up is an exe file.
Can anyone help me please??
Can anyone tell me which file that executes the .exe files?
Thank youvery much

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XUnmapWindow(3)

NAME
XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows SYNTAX
int XUnmapWindow(Display *display, Window w); int XUnmapSubwindows(Display *display, Window w); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XUnmapWindow function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event. If the specified window is already unmapped, XUnmapWindow has no effect. Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed. Any child window will no longer be visible until another map call is made on the parent. In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped. Unmapping a window will generate Expose events on windows that were formerly obscured by it. XUnmapWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XUnmapSubwindows function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event on each subwindow and Expose events on formerly obscured windows. Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window. XUnmapSubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3), XConfigureWindow(3), XCreateWindow(3), XDestroyWindow(3), XMapWindow(3) XRaiseWindow(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XUnmapWindow(3)