Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparing two decimal values in KSH Post 89743 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 15th of November 2005 12:56:33 PM
Old 11-15-2005
ksh [the ksh88 version] doesn't support floating point arithmetics.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting Binary decimal coded values to Ascii Values

Hi All, Is there any command which can convert binary decimal coded values to ascii values... i have bcd values like below оооооооооооо0о-- -v - Pls suggest a way to convert this. Thanks, Deepti.Gaur (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluating Decimal values

How can I evaluate a decimal value in an if statement? echo "Enter limit:" read limit (enter a decmal value, ie: 2.5) decimallimit=`echo $limit+0|bc|quit` echo $decimallimit if then echo $decimallimit else echo "failed" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larrys721
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

format decimal in ksh

hi all, in ksh, how do i format a decimal number (e.g 3381.19) to integer (e.g 3381). This number is average time response for server in millisec and i wanted to display it in a more readable format i.e in seconds without any decimals. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Decimal Numbers

Im trying to compare two numbers with decimals but its not working as expected. a=1 b=1.1 if then echo "equal" fi When I do this it says that the numbers are equal. Ultimately Im using -le and -ge in the if statements but I tested with -eq for simplicity. Any way to make this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two numbers with decimal point

How to compare two numbers with decimal points ? Is there a way in bash to do this? (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
33 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get decimal values ?

Hi All, In my script I've written like this- c=$( expr 100 / 3);echo $c The output coming is 33. but I want to see 33.33, decimal values too. How to get that? Thanks, Naresh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working With Values After Decimal

I have two files which have to be compared. One of them has leading & trailing zeroes in certain fields. file1 ---- John,Rambo,20100101,2119.5,3302.39,100.07,22211.0 file2 ---- John,Rambo,20100101,000002119.50,0003302.39,00000.07,000022211.00 I am thinking of using diff to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing decimal numbers between 0 and 1

For numbers between 0 and 1 the below logic is not working. Output of above shall be "correct" but its echoing "incorrect".Kindly suggest a=.1 if then echo correct else echo incorrect fi Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsvikas
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Arithmetic syntax error while comparing decimal numbers

Hello, I am having a problem when i execute following script on RHEL 6.4. Same script works fine on another machine where I have same version of RHEL and KSH. Below is the rpm and RHEL version. ossvm12(0)> rpm -qa | grep ksh ksh-20100621-19.el6.x86_64 ossvm12(0)> cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adithya Gokhale
7 Replies
ISGREATER(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      ISGREATER(3)

NAME
isgreater, isgreaterequal, isless, islessequal, islessgreater, isunordered -- compare two floating-point numbers LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> int isgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isgreaterequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isless(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessequal(real-floating x, real-floating y); int islessgreater(real-floating x, real-floating y); int isunordered(real-floating x, real-floating y); DESCRIPTION
Each of the macros isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), and islessgreater() takes arguments x and y and returns a non-zero value if and only if its nominal relation on x and y is true. These macros always return zero if either argument is not a number (NaN), but unlike the corresponding C operators, they never raise a floating point exception. The isunordered() macro takes arguments x and y, returning non-zero if either x or y is NaN. For any pair of floating-point values, one of the relationships (less, greater, equal, unordered) holds. SEE ALSO
fpclassify(3), math(3), signbit(3) STANDARDS
The isgreater(), isgreaterequal(), isless(), islessequal(), islessgreater(), and isunordered() macros conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). BSD
December 1, 2008 BSD