Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Best approach for a 10 min extract out of several log files with timestamped records Post 89585 by Browser_ice on Monday 14th of November 2005 01:15:10 PM
Old 11-14-2005
Error Best approach for a 10 min extract out of several log files with timestamped records

I have a task where I need to code a shell script to extract a 10 min range (10 min from now until now) extract of a log file.

I taught I could simply use a command that would say something like Start=date - 10 min but I didn't find anything. Looks like the only solution would have to code a small script that would extract the time, strip the values, sub 10 min, check for month and year crossover and convert back into a date string.

Idealy, if there was a command to extract all records from start (chronologicaly reveresed) up until matching record= 10 min back, that would be great. I seriously dought there would be such a thing.

Any suggestions ? I'm a Unix script beginner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

need to extract info from log files

hi guys i need to extract information from log files generated by an application. log file has the following lines for each process.. ---------------------------------------------- Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Running project PROJECT1 Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Source Files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirantalla
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Extract Data From 94000 records

i have a input file which does not have a delimiter All i Need to do is to identify a line and extract the data from it and run the loop again and need to ensure that it was not extracted earlier Input file ------------ abcd 12345 egfhijk ip 192.168.0.1 CNN.com abcd 12345 egfhijk ip... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasimm
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Records between to files and extract it

I am not an expert in awk, SED, etc... but I really hope there is a way to do this, because I don't want to have to right a program. I am using C shell. FILE 1 FILE 2 H0000000 H0000000 MA1 MA1 CA1DDDDDD CA1AAAAAA MA2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating timestamped directories/files in expect

Hi, I am looking for the syntax to provide a timestamped log_file in expect. Basically I want the equivalent of: /outputs/`date +%d%m%y`/session`date +%H%M` But scripted in expect so it can be handed over to the logfile function. I have tried playing around with the timestamp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krypton
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract records from list

Hi Gents, I have a file 1 like this 1 1000 20 2 2000 30 3 1000 40 5 1000 50 And I have other file 1 like 2 1 I would like to get from the file 1 the complete line which are in file 2, the key to compare is the column 2 then output should be. 2 2000 30. I was trying to get it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you extract (remove) lines from log files?

I use "MineOS" (a linux distro with python scripts and web ui included for managing a Minecraft Server). The author of the scripts is currently having a problem with the Minecraft server log file being spammed with certain entries. He's working on clearing up the spam. But in the meantime, I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with min value, using two field separators.

I have a file with two ID columns followed by five columns of counts in fraction form. I'd like to print lines that have a count of at least 4 (so at least 4 in the numerator, e.g. 4/17) in at least one of the five columns. Input file: comp51820_c1_seq1 693 0/29 0/50 0/69 0/36 0/31... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract part of string from all log files.?

Hi All, Let us say we have 5 log files, extract the data from all log files and save the output in a file. home/log/first.log home/log/second.log home/log/third.log home/log/four.log home/log/five.log I want to extract the following text from the log files and save the output in a file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract lines if string found from last 30 min only

Hi guys, Appreciate your help as I am stuck with searching the logs for last 30 minutes from the current time. Current time is time when you execute the script and it will search for <string> through the logs for last 30 minutes only and if <string> found then print those lines only. The... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockstar
18 Replies
mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				  mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C, mlib_VectorMinimumMag_S8C, mlib_VectorMinimumMag_S16C, mlib_VectorMinimumMag_S32C, mlib_VectorMinimumMag_F32C, mlib_VectorMinimumMag_D64C - find the first element with the minimum magnitude in a vector SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C(mlib_u8 *min, const mlib_u8 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMinimumMag_S8C(mlib_s8 *min, const mlib_s8 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMinimumMag_S16C(mlib_s16 *min, const mlib_s16 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMinimumMag_S32C(mlib_s32 *min, const mlib_s32 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMinimumMag_F32C(mlib_f32 *min, const mlib_f32 *x, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_VectorMinimumMag_D64C(mlib_d64 *min, const mlib_d64 *x, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions finds the first element with the minimum magnitude in a complex vector, then puts the real and imaginary parts of it into min[0] and min[1], respectively. PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: min Pointer to the first element with the minimum magnitude. x Pointer to the first element of the source vector. n Number of elements in the source vector. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VectorMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB), mlib_MatrixMaximumMag_U8C(3MLIB), mlib_MatrixMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Mar 2007 mlib_VectorMinimumMag_U8C(3MLIB)