Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: outlook for unix?
Operating Systems Solaris outlook for unix? Post 89530 by frustrated1 on Monday 14th of November 2005 07:23:33 AM
Old 11-14-2005
outlook for unix?

Anyone know if you can download an outlook client to run on Unix?

Company recently moved to outlook 2003 and I am wondering if I can install a client on my solaris 9 ultra 10 to access my internal mail..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to MicroSoft Outlook Mails

I want to send a text file from Unix as an attachment to a Microsoft Outlook address. I have tried the 'elm' command which does this. But it is in an interactive mode. I want this to be automatically done by a program. Is there any other way to this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepali Potnis
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Outlook Express

Awhile back I followed instructions in a newsletter (I don't remember which one) giving instructions on making Outlook Express very plain. Unfortunately I followed the instructions but did not make a note of the string. The last word was true. The instructions stated that if one wanted to return to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarilynNolan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space details from Unix to Outlook

Hi Friends, I am using sun Solaris . I want to find the disk space (df -k) for the Unix box and the data has to be sent to an email id. Can u please find me a code that checks the disk space 6 times a day, loads the data into an excel sheet and sends to an email id. Can u also tell me how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharnr
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to install microsoft outlook on unix

Hi Every one, I have to install microsoft outlook on unix operating system. We can install microsoft outlook on Linux operating system using WINE HQ Emulator. Like wise any Emulator , interface or compatibility layer for running Windows Applications. Please give some suggestions links to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carthikn
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing outlook mails from unix

Hi, For a requirement in my project, i need to implement code in unix such that unix checks whether the necessary mails from a particular client is received in outook inbox. Note that, i ve to check whether that particular mail has got any attachment too.. Please tell me whether this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeembenazir
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from windows outlook in to UNIX box.

HI All, I am using a windows RDP machine . from the RDP i am opening a putty session of a unix server.i have outlook installed in the windows RDP machine, and if i get a file inthe outlook mail how can i copy it to a location in the putty unix machine. Please help me!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)