Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Check this out. Find out the errors as much as possible. thanks Post 89146 by CULM on Thursday 10th of November 2005 11:20:41 PM
Old 11-11-2005
yes, can u?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check my crontab for possible errors.

I'm posting the line I just added to my crontab because it's my first and I want to be sure it's doing what I'm intending it to do. 59 23 0 * 1-5 /export/<many_directories_later...>/scripts/get_clientkpi.sh Supposed to do: Run script at 11:59pm every night, except weekends. Question: If I wish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I check if find had no output

Below script complains about remove, because the find that pipes into it has no results. It's okay operationally, but a bad error message. I would like to first check whether find had any output, and only if it had output do the rm with xargs. How can I check whether find had output? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out Errors in FTP Scripts

Hi Please let me know is there any way through which I can find out errors & do debugging in FTP scripts. Thanks Sourabh TCS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse a flatfile and check for errors

Hi, I need to check a flatfile for various parameters like length of the record, format of record, any tab character present in the record etc., for checking presence of tab character, i'm trying to use the following code and i'm not sure if the same is right. Pls Help. nawk '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aravindc
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

where to find the message "Your disk drives are being checked for errors"

Hi, During start up I got the message "Your disk drives are being checked for errors". But it went so fast that I could read following messages. Once logged I though I could find it in "dmesg" but nothing... May someone know where I can find plese ? :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: return code check

Hi, I've a find command like, find /abcd/efgh -name "xxxx" 2> /dev/null > file1 what would be the condition to check if this returns none(means if the file "xxxx" is not present) ???? I tried checking with $? and it returns 72 to me but even the file is present also it returns... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

program to find and print a Fibonacci sequence of numbers. --Errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to convert a C language program over to Sparc Assembley and I am getting Undefined first referenced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for “errors” or “ORA-”

I want to check for "errors" or "ORA-" in Y.if there is an error then exit Y=`sqlplus -s user/passwd<< EOF exec test_Proc; exit; EOF` if ; then exit 1 fi but this doesnt work (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: haadiya
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need in for a script that should check for errors in multiple log file (approx 2500) and should mail

hello everyone, I am new to linux and got this deliverable to write a script that should check for error in multiple log file (count is approx 2500 log files on single server) and once error is found, it should mail that error My logic says: we can put all log files path/location in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik_CTS
2 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)