Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unable to access hpfs/ntfs properly Post 88774 by moxxx68 on Tuesday 8th of November 2005 03:13:59 PM
Old 11-08-2005
Smilie
dear all sorry for the inconvenience of a stupid question.. but I found the answer to this question
by accident going through the packages of a knoppix CD trying to break into the NTFS partition
on my hardisk.. DAAAH you can't access NTFS from a linux partition read write.. figures HUH?!
any way back to the drawingboard... if any one has or knows of a loop hole please leave reply
thanx in advance moxxx68... Smilie Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to access home area

Good morning, I have a solaris 8 machine (Sunblade 1000) that is configured with NIS, I have checked everything I can think of to make sure everything is correctly configured which it appears it is but when I try to log into CDE it says it is unable to access my home area and it also does the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access variable outside loop

I am unable to access the value set inside the loop from outside loop . Thought of taking this to forum , I had seen other replies also , where a pipe takes the execution to another shell and mentioned thats the reason we do not get the variable outside loop . But I am getting an issue and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
1 Replies

3. Solaris

unable to access infodoc!!

Hi, I am refered to see Infodoc 80854. but I am not able to access from sun.com. Is there any precedure to view these?. Please guide me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable to access TAR file

hi friends, I am using hp unix HP-UX B.11.11 .. Generally i do the compression to maintain the space availability . To compress the files first i used the TAR to collect all the files. it has done fine. when i am using command ls in the folder which has TAR file , it shows the TAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
2 Replies

5. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

6. Fedora

unable to mount NTFS

Hi, I'm new for unix. I tried to mount windows NTFS partition in Fedora unix, but it is saying ntfs not found. The command i used is mount /dev/sdb1 -t ntfs /mnt/drive1 and how to find the available filesystem type?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

How to access a NTFS partition on hard drive through Terminal in OSX ?

Hi , I have a Mac OS X Lion mac book pro. I have a hard drive which I have partitioned in two (a) OSX Partition - Mac OS Extended Journaled format. Mount point: / (b) Data Partition - Windows NT Filesystem format. Mount point: /Volumes/Data I need to access the NTFS partition (I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable To access array in awk

Hi, i have the following code in which i am passing array tldn in awk using -v option & despite of that condition is not getting matched,can somebody suggest how to handle shell arrays in awk tcount=(9875 9667) awk -F"\t" -v ltldn="${tldn}" 'NR==FNR {POSTPAIDMDNS=$2"|"$3;next} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to configure Oracle sqlplus V12 properly. Need Help. Resources could'nt be found elsewhere .

I installed Oracle sqlplus on My Ubuntu 14.04 64bit version as per the instructions on: help.ubuntu page (Unable to post the URL as i'm new user here). I'm totally new to SQL and now i'm learning queries in my college. I installed 64bit version of sqplus and run it executing the command:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunmayilvagan
14 Replies
NTFS.UTIL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      NTFS.UTIL(8)

NAME
ntfs.util -- NTFS file system utility SYNOPSIS
ntfs.util -k device ntfs.util -m device mountpoint mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4 ntfs.util -p device mountflag1 mountflag2 ntfs.util -u device mountpoint DESCRIPTION
The ntfs.util command supports the mounting, probing, and unmounting of NTFS file systems. Options: -k Get the UUID key for the NTFS file system at device. -m Mount the NTFS file system located on device onto mountpoint with the flags mountflag1 mountflag2 mountflag3 mountflag4. -p Probe the device for an NTFS file system using the flags mountflag1 mountflag2. If the probe is successful, i.e. the device contains a valid NTFS file system, its label is printed to the standard output stream. -u Unmount the NTFS file system located at device and mounted on mountpoint. The mountflags referenced above are: o mountflag1: removable or fixed o mountflag2: readonly or writeable o mountflag3: suid or nosuid o mountflag4: dev or nodev SEE ALSO
diskarbitrationd(8) mount_ntfs(8) HISTORY
This NTFS implementation first appeared in Mac OS X 10.5. AUTHORS
This NTFS implementation was written by Anton Altaparmakov <aia21@cantab.net>. Mac OS X October 22, 2006 Mac OS X