Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PWD env variable for root
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PWD env variable for root Post 8846 by bcole23 on Thursday 18th of October 2001 12:50:10 PM
Old 10-18-2001
Question PWD env variable for root

How do you get the $PWD env variable set for root? I know it's automatic for korn and other shells, but root uses /usr/bin/sh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root env

Dear Guys , i installed sun solaries 8 for intel platform . now i want to edit root env or init. files in order to add the follwing : EDITOR=vi export PATH EDITOR export PS1=`uname -n`:\$PWD\> set -o vi alias dir="ls -la|more" alias c=clear stty erase "^H" what file i have to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
13 Replies

2. HP-UX

root pwd

The root pwd on an hpux11i box was changed by an ex-employee. Is there anyway to reset it without shutting down the machine? If not how can I do it.. Thanks in Advance Brian (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root pwd expired

Dear friends, I am using linux os . my root passward has expired suddenly. in command prompt iam giving su- and password it is saying that your root password has expired . how to get my root password. anyone pls rep. rajan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Root ENV is different from users', how to change?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9 machine. I found the root's environment variables (say, $PATH, $ORACLE_HOME, big problem) were set differently from the users'. All regular users use C shell now and share the same environment file stored in /usr/local/config/cshrc.default. Should I just use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign a pwd value to a variable

Hi, I want to assign a pwd value to a variable filepath=$pwd Thx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
4 Replies

7. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pwd in a variable

is there anyway i could store the output of pwd that is the path in a variable...? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies

9. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies
CPURC(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  CPURC(8)

NAME
cpurc, termrc - boot script SYNOPSIS
cpurc termrc DESCRIPTION
After the kernel boots, it execs /boot (see root(3)), which in turn execs /$cputype/init. Init(8) sets the $service environment variable to cpu or terminal, and then invokes the appropriate rc script to bring the system up. Based on the values of $sysname and $terminal these scripts start appropriate network processes and administrative daemons and enable swap- ping. Cpurc sets /env/boottime to the time cpurc was executed and /env/NPROC to a value suitable for parallel compilation in mk(1). These files should be edited by local installations to reflect the configuration of their systems. SOURCE
/rc/bin/cpurc /rc/bin/termrc SEE ALSO
srv(4), namespace(6), dkconfig(8), init(8), listen(8) CPURC(8)