Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting the Void File in CSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting the Void File in CSH Post 88392 by ilak1008 on Thursday 3rd of November 2005 03:12:25 PM
Old 11-03-2005
From the above example, I was able to extract the rows that are not repeated on the line.

awk '{print substr($0,6,5)}' $SOLHOME/internalDisk/2 | sort -k1,2 | uniq -d
Result:
22 33
33 55
44 55

How do I compare this result now from the original file to show me the FILE NO. of the repeated rows except the last line of these rows?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Programming

What is the difference between f(...), f(void) and f()

What is the difference between f(...) , f(void),f() I know that f(void) doesn't take any parameters, but what about f() and f(...) Does the last call of function even exists? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplelightspar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script

I have an extraordinary problem with a csh script.....(feel free to berate the use of this but I'm modifying an existing bunch of them) Anyway, I have a master csh script which in turn calls a second csh script. This second csh script is below. Within this second script are two compiled C++... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pollsizer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

void (char *asd)

void asdf(char *asd) is this thing a pointer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

5. Programming

functions that manipulate void pointers

I have two or more linked lists that have the same names for their "next". For example, struct server_t { sockaddr_in * sin; server_t * next_; } struct player_t { char name; player_t * next_; } How can I get a function to take in either type and manipulate the pointers? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyramation
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminate double void line

Hi, I need to eliminate each second void line in a text file. novus MILLENNIO ineo frater in episcopatus , presbyter et diacon|diaconus , (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

7. Programming

void pointer

hi guys! Is there such a thing as double void pointer dynamic allocation? And if so is it something like this? int n; void** a; a=malloc(n*sizeof(void*)); (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
12 Replies

8. Programming

Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument

Earlier I had one structure C typedef struct c { int cc; }CS; I used to call a library function say int GetData(CS *x) which was returning me the above structure C with data. GetData(CS *x) Function call used to be like: CS CSobj; GetData(&CSObj); Now there are two... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
12 Replies

9. Programming

Malloc to void pointer fails

I have a function to which I will pass a struct ID and it will return me a string. I will pass a pointer to store the name string and that pointer will be allocated memory by the function called. int ConvertIDToName(void *id, void *name, size_t *size) { int status = 0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)