Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help capturing pipe to a file in shell script Post 88310 by heinz on Wednesday 2nd of November 2005 09:21:20 PM
Old 11-02-2005
That did it Ygor.

I could've sworn I tried that early in the game, but guess not.

Thank you very much.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing shell script command output

I am trying to check to see if a file exists on a ftp server, well, I know that cant be done, atleast directly, So I came up with this small script ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD cd public_html/crap dir $FILE quit END_SCRIPT Where the $ variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: designflaw
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe data to shell script

Sorry about the noobish question but... How do I capture data thats piped to my script? For instance, ls -al | myscript.sh How do I access the output from ls -al in myscript.sh? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones07
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with shell script for chekking a column in txt file - pipe delimited

Hi: I have a text file date(pipe delimited) which is loaded in to the DB using sql loader(&CTL files) after some initial validation by the shell script. Now i have a situation where the shell script needs to check a column in the text file and if it is NULL then it needs send this record/row... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Sybase SP output in Shell Script

Greetings, I need to capture the output of a Sybase stored procedure, inside my shell script( k shell). Based on this output, I need to call another perl script, with input arguments as the result set of the procedure execution. I need to keep looping through and call the perl script, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpreetsidhu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing Input Parameters on Shell Script

i have this basic line of code that doesn't work. i simply want to get the input parameter strings but when the script is run it appears that the first parameter is assigning the value to the second parameter. #!/bin/sh pdir=`pwd` p1=$1 p2=$2 echo "directory: $pdir\n" echo "parameter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing log of a shell script

Hi, I have a script which does multiple tasks in sequence. When i execute the script, it runs and displays lot of messages for each of the steps on the console. Is there any way I can capture those messages and store it for audit purposes ? Best Regards, bornon2303 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bornon2303
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing output of procedure in variable in shell script

Hi guys I am calling one DB2 stored proc through unix. It is giving me below output. I want to capture the value 150 in one UNIX variable in shell script. Please let me know how I can achieve this. Thanks in advance Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnimavat
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing name of the user who is running a shell script

Hello All, I am writing a shell script which will run on build server where multiple users can login.These users can run this script at the same time. I want to capture the name of the user who ran the script for every instance.How can I do that ? Regards,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for capturing FTP logs

I have a script #!/bin/bash HOST=ftp.example.com USER=ftpuser PASSWORD=P@ssw0rd ftp -inv $HOST <<EOF user $USER $PASSWORD cd /path/to/file mput *.html bye EOF the script executes sucessfully I need to capture the FTP logs to a logfile should contain FTP Login successful ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshas83
1 Replies
Pang Zero(6)							       Games							      Pang Zero(6)

NAME
pangzero - action game that involves popping balloons with a harpoon SYNOPSIS
pangzero DESCRIPTION
Pang Zero is a clone and enhancement of Super Pang, a fast-paced action game that involves popping balloons with a harpoon. The intention is to create a fun, open-source game that many (currently up to 6) people can play together. You can play Pang Zero alone, but it's a lot more fun to play with your friends. USAGE
The purpose of the game is to destroy balls using a harpoon. When those balls are hit, they will split into two smaller balls until they are totally destroyed. There are also some special balls which will appear during the game. Right after starting the game you will have a menu available, in which you will be able to select some playing options. You can use cursor keys to navigate through menuoptions and use Enter to select one. 'P' key pauses the game, and Esc quits. In that menu, you can select the number of players (between 1 and 6), Select some game options, like turn the sound or the music on and off, or switch between fullscreen, windowed screen or widescreen. You can also select the keys for the players. There's a tutorial available through the starting menu, that you can use to learn how to play. FILES
~/.pangzerorc This is where Pang Zero stores user data and game configuration. AUTHOR
Pang Zero was written by UPi. This manual page was written for Debian by Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es>. SEE ALSO
UPi 8 December 2006 Pang Zero(6)