Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: who's the most popular
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers who's the most popular Post 88165 by Perderabo on Tuesday 1st of November 2005 04:12:54 PM
Old 11-01-2005
Please read our rules:
(8) No BSD vs. Linux vs. Windows or similar threads.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Why Python is not so popular?

Hello, Do you have any suggestions? I want to know your opinions why Python is not so popular in web env. Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstoychev
6 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Most popular mail server(MTA)

Which among the following is most popular choice as a mail server - 1)Sendmail 2)Postfix 3)Qmail Which is the industry preferred one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the top 100 most popular pages

Ok, this is really beyond my scripting skill level so I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this. I have a trace file in the following format: <timestame> <devicenum> <sector address> <size in sectors> <0 or 1 (write or read)> Here is what I need to do. I need to use the <sector address>,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jontjioe
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Any desktop models popular with Red Hat?

I am planning to install the latest version of Red Hat on a desktop computer, and use it as a platform to become more up-to-date on Linux and associated open source applications. I'm thinking to buy a used Dell or HP desktop computer; maybe two or three years old (or newer); on which to install... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarsonsPlanet
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which memory test tool is popular on CentOS 6?

Hi, Which tools or method is popular, simple and effective, to check memory such as bad sector, throughput and performance? Thank you. - j (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
5 Replies

6. Programming

Popular Plugins && SVN

Forgive me if this is a rather stupid but I am writing some code using Python for a project at work and was wondering if there was a way to download the entire "Popular" plugins directory in a single shot? I currently have to to look at 34 pages: https://wordpress.org/plugins/browse/popular/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies
thr_join(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)