Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unwanted Error Message on Screen Post 88129 by supaphat on Tuesday 1st of November 2005 08:11:19 AM
Old 11-01-2005
ls $SOLHOME/internalDisk/"$fn" 2> /dev/null | wc -l > cfn

What this does is redirect stderr from the `ls` command to /dev/null (bit bucket) =p

Last edited by supaphat; 11-01-2005 at 09:16 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display message on screen and flat file at same time

Hi guys, I have a script that call another, the other displays de message and I can print directly to the flat file, but in one command I am searchig that this message can be displayed in the screen and in the flat file in one command. I am doing something like this: var=$(./Example.sh)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pipoca
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX power problem cron message on screen

Hello, I keep getting this message even after i removed it from the cron enteries it was added automatically Broadcast message from root@oradb (tty) at 12:00:00 ... rc.powerfail:2::WARNING!!! The system is now operating with a power problem. This message will be walled every 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting phone number, its message and assigning them into 2 variables then screen output.

Hi Everyone, I have a flatfile "inbox.txt" which contains some information: Location 0, folder "Inbox", SIM memory, Inbox folder SMS message SMSC number : "+24800000023" Sent : Sat 04 Aug 2012 09:01:00 PM +0700 Coding : Default GSM alphabet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: testcase
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies
SOLARPOWERLOG(1)														  SOLARPOWERLOG(1)

NAME
solarpowerlog - queries data from a photovoltaic inverter SYNOPSIS
solarpowerlog [options] DESCRIPTION
The program trackd and logd data from photovoltaic inverters, collect power data and store them. OPTIONS
The program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. -b, --background Runs the program in the background, detaching it from the console. -c, --conf filename The configuration to be used. Default is solarpowerlog.conf, looked for in the current directory. --dumpcfg Dump configuration structure, then exit --chdir arg working directory for daemon (only used when running as a daemon). Defaults to / --stdout arg redirect stdout to this file (only used when running as a daemon). Defaults to /dev/null --stderr arg redirect stderr to this file (only used when running as a daemon). Defaults to /dev/null --pidfile arg create a pidfile after the daemon has been started. (only used when running as a daemon). Default: no pid file SEE ALSO
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/solarpowerlog/index.php June 16, 2009 SOLARPOWERLOG(1)