Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Certainly basic doubt about IF Post 87980 by tmxps on Sunday 30th of October 2005 02:37:40 PM
Old 10-30-2005
Certainly basic doubt about IF

On the below "IF" i test if the user have put the first argument.
I also would like to test if the user have written a second argument.
So, my doubt is:
- How can i evaluate 2 conditions on a if statement? How is the OR created?
- How can i to verify if the second argument is non empty?

Thanks in advance Smilie

### Evaluate the correct input arguments
if ( $1 == "" ) then
echo; echo "Usage: buildVOCandWORDLIST <corpus_file>"
echo "Input Arguments: <corpus_file> -> corpus"
echo "Output Arguments: <corpus_file.vocab> -> vocabulary"
echo " <corpus_file.wordlist> -> wordlist"
echo " <corpus_file.vocab.stat>-> statistics of vocabulary"
echo; exit
endif

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

got a basic doubt on cat-file permissions

Hi all, Today I was just fooling around with directories and faced this. I create a directory 'testdir' and create a file 'myfile' inside it. gandalf@gondor:~$ mkdir testdir gandalf@gondor:~$ cd testdir gandalf@gondor:~/testdir$ touch myfile Then I set the following permissions for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic SED doubt

Hi Friends!! I want to add a / at the end of a number. for example i have CQ65758 /, in this case i want to shift that backspace one space to the left so the my result becomes CQ65758/. How can i do that with sed. Thanks Adi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script basic doubt

hi, I am new script learner, so my basic doubt is , how to store value of any command in a variable example $ ls | wc -l i want to stote the output of this in a variable c. so that i can use c in if else loop. and when do we use " ` " symbol in script.. can anyone also tell for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed basic doubt

Hi , what is the equivalent of below awk in sed. awk '$1=="ABC"&&$2=="XYZ" {print $0}' infile Thanks, Shruthi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic doubt in UNIX

Hi, I'm new to this and very much interested to learn unix. Can any one explain me the symbols y we use this is scripting(~ and $). It would be great if some one explain with the eg. Thanks Naveen A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranaveen
2 Replies
SPD-CONF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SPD-CONF(1)

NAME
spd-conf - A simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics SYNOPSIS
spd-conf [options] DESCRIPTION
spd-conf is a simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -e, --espeak Use espeak to synthesize messages --test-festival Test whether Festival works as a server -s, --test-spd-say Test connection to Speech Dispatcher using spd-say --test-pulse Test Pulse Audio -c, --config-basic-settings-user Configure basic settings in user configuration -u, --create-user-conf Create Speech Dispatcher configuration for the given user -C, --config-basic-settings-system Configure basic settings in system-wide configuration -n, --dont-ask Do not ask any questions, always use default values --test-alsa Test ALSA audio --test-espeak Test whether Espeak works as a standalone binary -d, --diagnostics Diagnose problems with the current setup -D, --debug Debug a problem and generate a report AUTHOR
spd-conf was written by Hynek Hanke <hanke@brailcom.org>. The webpage for this package can be found at http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd. This manual page was written by Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). August 24, 2009 SPD-CONF(1)