Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Float and Double in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Float and Double in Perl Post 87909 by Euler04 on Friday 28th of October 2005 10:23:44 PM
Old 10-28-2005
Float and Double in Perl

HI!

What is the notation which correspond to C's
Code:
double

and
Code:
float

in Perl??

Please tell me.
Thanks.

Well what I want to do is, for example, calculating
Code:
sqrt(2)

in two way: float and double.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, extract value between double quotes

I know this is probably much simplier than I am making but I need some help please. I have a data file that contains a value on the first line between double quotes ("00043"). I need to assign the value between the first set quotes to a variable in my perl script for comparison analysis. Also,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
6 Replies

2. Programming

math.h: float ceilf(float x)

Good morning, I'm testing the use of ceilf: /*Filename: str.c*/ #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> int main (void) { float ceilf(float x); int dev=3, result=0; float tmp = 3.444f; printf("Result: %f\n",ceilf(tmp)); return 0; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying double quotes using Perl

Hi Guys, I'm a Perl newbie and was wondering if there's a way of displaying double quotes within double quotes. I'm try to print the contents of the variable to a file by using the system function. Here is an example of my code: #============================== $website = <STDIN>;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbdesouza
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with double quotes in PERL

I have a cgi script I run through apache2 and I need to have a line that contains double quotes within double quotes. Here's what I need PERL to pass to rrdtool: HRULE:30#BBBB00:"30.0 constant":dashesIt's a little more complicated since I also have variables in the statement which requires... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl echo with double quotes

I need to echo a string that has double quotes in a Perl script. #!/usr/bin/env perl `echo Rule123 -comment \"blah blah\" >> $filename` I'd like to get below appended to $filename: Rule 123 -comment "blah blah" But instead, the double quotes are lost: Rule 123 -comment blah bah ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slchin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute the value with in double quotes in perl?

Hi, I have string like this: $str=' DNA OR ("rna AND binding AND protein")'; I just wanted to substitute AND with a blank. How can i do that? I want the output like this: $string= DNA OR ("rna binding protein") (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a perl replacement for this double for loop

hi everybody, can you help me with this? important: it has to be a pure perl code. zz.lis: accessibility arabic archivers astro audio benchmarks . . . "ls accessibility | grep -v Makefile" outputs accerciser at-poke at-spi at-spi-reference (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

What is float IP?

:confused:We have two servers one active and one stand by as follows Active 202.61.9.9 Stand by 202.61.9.10 Float IP 202.61.9.8 What is use of this float IP? How it is configured? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf (awk,perl,shell) float rounding issue

Hi guys, could someone throw some light on the following behaviour of printf (I'll start with info about the system and the tool/shell/interpreter versions)?: $ uname -a Linux linux-86if.site 3.1.0-1.2-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 3 14:45:45 UTC 2011 (187dde0) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elixir_sinari
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl double splits

I have a perl script that I was cleaning up, it works very well, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to double split. Sample file: Move_VALIDATE,020212191ABC01,SNSNT---01CAB101A-1-1-4-20 Move_VALIDATE,030323202ABC01,SNSNT01CAB101A-1-1-4-20 Section in script: foreach my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)