Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PS output truncation in AIX
Operating Systems AIX PS output truncation in AIX Post 87894 by cmariano on Friday 28th of October 2005 03:44:58 PM
Old 10-28-2005
Use ps with parameter w, where w is the option to view new lines .
Exemple:
ps wwwwww PID

Regards,

Cleber Mariano
Technical Support Analyst

Last edited by cmariano; 10-31-2005 at 03:01 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris 2.5.1 /usr/ucb/ps truncation problems

we aheva couple of old sun OS boxes, that we are trying to parse /usr/ucb/ps output. However it seems that something is occuring that is causeing th output of "/usr/ucb/ps -auxwww" to cut short the process name, whereas "ps -eaf" can display the entire process name. It will work for a while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adralph
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

truncation when vi a file

Hi, I'm using the vi that comes with Solaris 2.8. When vi a file with lines that have long continuous characters e.g. more than 256 chars, these lines got truncated. This is a known limitation of the out of the box Solaris vi, and there is a suggestion to get another vi. Is there an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selur-xinu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the cause of file truncation?

Hi, I have a program that gets called from the front end of my application. Actually it creates some temporary files and uses them and deletes them at last. But sometimes, say once in 6 times, some of these temporary files are getting truncated in the middle and because of this my program is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatmyname
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

STDOUT truncation

Operating system - Solaris 8, Korn shell, xterm Command /usr/proc/bin/ptree outputs the process tree exactly as I want with all detail However, /usr/proc/bin/ptree | more truncates the process descriptions at an 80 character point. If the process tree has marched enough to the right,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syslog Truncation / Size Limit?

I searched and could not find an answer to this, and am having difficulty, so I would appreciate any assistance that can be offered. We're experiencing logs that are having all characters after the 850th one written being truncated. I am wondering if there is a default limit to the syslog... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puck
1 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

SCO 5.6 File truncation

Sir, my apologies for not being able to correspond for a long time. I am running an appliction in SCO 5.6. If the records are more than one lakh, the output file is getting truncated to one lakh. Please help me in rectifying the issue whereby it allows creation of output with more than one lakh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO 5.6 + file truncation

Sir, my apologies for I had put this question in a different forum earlier. I am running an appliction in SCO 5.6. If the records are more than one lakh, the output file is getting truncated to one lakh. Please help me in rectifying the issue whereby it allows creation of output with more than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different output in AIX and Linux OS

Hi All , Please help me in understanding why i am getting error for the below script in LINUX, but the same script will work perfectly in AIX unix. Script Name:try.ksh #!/bin/ksh echo "$0 \n" MYPWD=$(pwd $(dirname $0)) echo " $MYPWD \n" O/P in LINUX OS: ./try.ksh ./try.ksh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_barker
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Truncation Occurs When Outputting Shell Script to stderr

Operating System: Solaris 10, Shell We are outputting the results of our scripts to the stderr file. However we have encountered a problem where some of the lines in the file are truncated. Is there a way to increase the terminal or column size within the script so that this does not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fazzasx
4 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Space truncation

HI All- We have script like the followinga='h1 ' b='12434 ' c=' fagkasdbkZ<M' output=$a$b$c echo $output > /home/dsomasun/fil_concat.txtBut in the output file spaces are truncated and Output is coming like the belowh1 1234 fagkasdbkZ<M please advise Please wrap all code,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhilipans1988
4 Replies
TV_GRAB_AR(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    TV_GRAB_AR(1p)

NAME
tv_grab_ar - Grab TV listings for Argentina. SYNOPSIS
tv_grab_ar --help tv_grab_ar [--config-file FILE] --configure [--gui OPTION] tv_grab_ar [--config-file FILE] [--output FILE] [--days N] [--offset N] [--quiet] [--GetDetails] tv_grab_ar --list-channels tv_grab_ar --capabilities tv_grab_ar --version DESCRIPTION
Output TV listings for several channels available in Argentina. Now supports the terrestrial analog tv listings, which is the most common tv viewed in Argentina. The tv listings comes from http://www.buscadorcablevision.com.ar/ The grabber relies on parsing HTML so it might stop working at any time. First run tv_grab_ar --configure to choose, which channels you want to download. Then running tv_grab_ar with no arguments will output listings in XML format to standard output. --configure Prompt for which channels, and write the configuration file. --config-file FILE Set the name of the configuration file, the default is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_ar.conf. This is the file written by --configure and read when grabbing. --gui OPTION Use this option to enable a graphical interface to be used. OPTION may be 'Tk', or left blank for the best available choice. Additional allowed values of OPTION are 'Term' for normal terminal output (default) and 'TermNoProgressBar' to disable the use of XMLTV::ProgressBar. --output FILE Write to FILE rather than standard output. --days N Grab N days. The default is 3. --offset N Start N days in the future. The default is to start from today. --quiet Suppress the progress messages normally written to standard error. --capabilities Show which capabilities the grabber supports. For more information, see <http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XmltvCapabilities> --version Show the version of the grabber. --help Print a help message and exit. SEE ALSO
xmltv(5). AUTHOR 1.10 Mariano S. Cosentino, Mok@marianok.com.ar 1.9 Mariano S. Cosentino, Mok@marianok.com.ar 1.8 rmeden 1.7 Mariano S. Cosentino, Mok@marianok.com.ar 1.6 Mariano S. Cosentino, Mok@marianok.com.ar 1.5 Christian A. Rodriguez, car@cespi.unlp.edu.ar, based on tv_grab_es, from Ramon Roca. BUGS
This grabber extracts all information from cablevision website. Any change in this web page may cause this grabber to stop working. Retrieving the description information adds a considerable amount of time to the run and makes the file quite large. migth be a good idea to add a cache file the keeps the program description so there is no need to fetch it. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 TV_GRAB_AR(1p)