Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Obtain Memory on HP UNIX
Operating Systems HP-UX Obtain Memory on HP UNIX Post 87749 by jonesin on Thursday 27th of October 2005 10:10:39 AM
Old 10-27-2005
Hi,

Have not found anything. Any luck on your side?

J

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix system memory

Can you please tell me how to find out System Memory (RAM) for a AIX unix server? The command prtconf will do for Solaris but I don't know for AIX Unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilkumar
1 Replies

2. Programming

memory increasing on UNIX

hi, i'm writing a program that is running always... but, i have a problem that memory is increasing.. i want to know whether does stack size inscease or not, when program is running.. i don't know what is the cause stack or heap... i need some help.. :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netfer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where to obtain UNIX and learning on a UNIX variant?

Hi. I've just started to get into UNIX. Researched on the Net, found out that most of the UNIX variants are not offered online. 1. Any of you guys know where I could obtain them on the Net? or anywhere at all? 2. Does learning a UNIX variant enough to cover an understanding of other UNIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninelives1980
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix memory management

i am looking for the books or web-sites which explains the unix memory management in detail. do you know any useful material? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

UNIX memory problems

I don't know if this is better suited for the application section, but here goes. We are currently running HP-UX 11 as our database server. The database is Progress version 9.1C. As of late, some of our batch processes that run on the UNIX db server are erroring out because of what appear to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddiej
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory utilization in HP unix

Hi, I am creating monitoring scripts in HP unix for that i need CPU utilization and memory utilization in HP unix. for CPU utilization i am using TOP command for Memory utilizaion i am not able to use glance command in scripts. means i am not able to redirect and stop. apart from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Memory

what is the difference between cached and buffer memory? can i use either buffer or cached memory if i want to run an application? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extend memory in UNIX?

Hi friends iam new to unix. how to extend memory in UNIx. what are the possible scenarios to increase memory. I just noticed we have swap memory also but when and how to use it. and what is the correct way to increase RAM. please provide information or some useful commands. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saidesh
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Virtual Memory in UNIX

So, I would ask you a piece of advice about which books or titles could give me comprehensive information about virtual memory in UNIX. Especially, I would found out that virtual address translation corresponds structures of kernel! Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fadedfate
2 Replies
sg_get_mem_stats(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       sg_get_mem_stats(3)

NAME
sg_get_mem_stats, sg_get_swap_stats - get VM statistics SYNOPSIS
#include <statgrab.h> sg_mem_stats *sg_get_mem_stats(void); sg_swap_stats *sg_get_swap_stats(void); DESCRIPTION
Memory statistics are accessed through the sg_get_mem_stats function. It returns a pointer to a static sg_mem_stats. The sg_get_swap_stats returns returns swap statistics. It returns a pointer to a static sg_swap_stats. On the FreeBSD operating system elevated privileges are required to access the swap statistics. Making the program setgid kmem should be sufficient. Programs running as root will not have this problem. RETURN VALUES
The VM system calls can return a pointer to either a sg_mem_stats or a sg_swap_stats. typedef struct{ long long total; long long free; long long used; long long cache; }sg_mem_stats; total The total amount of memory in bytes. free The total free memory in bytes. used The total used memory in bytes. cache The amount of cache used in bytes. typedef struct{ long long total; long long used; long long free; }sg_swap_stats; total The total swap space in bytes. used The used swap in bytes. free The free swap in bytes. TODO
Add a function to hold open the file descriptor to the kernel memory structures. Doing this would allow the elevated privileges to be dropped early on. SEE ALSO
statgrab(3) WEBSITE
http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ i-scream $Date: 2005/04/25 11:25:45 $ sg_get_mem_stats(3)