Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: libriaries
Operating Systems Solaris libriaries Post 87429 by ramneek on Monday 24th of October 2005 04:45:55 AM
Old 10-24-2005
libriaries

i am currently trying to connect sql server 2000 to c++ in solaris 5.8

The problem is i think that some of the librarires like -lsql and header files like sql.h and sqlext.h are missing. i have searched them in evey possible location and directories in my comp.

1)can any body tell me where i can fine these libraries and header files.?
2)which librariy is needed to connect the c++ program to sql server?

FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)							 1							FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)

fbsql_read_clob - Read a CLOB from the database

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_read_clob (string $clob_handle, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Reads CLOB data from the database. If a select statement contains BLOB and/or CLOB columns FrontBase will return the data directly when data is fetched. This default behav- ior can be changed with fbsql_set_lob_mode(3) so the fetch functions will return handles to BLOB and CLOB data. If a handle is fetched a user must call fbsql_read_clob(3) to get the actual CLOB data from the database. PARAMETERS
o $clob_handle - A CLOB handle, returned by fbsql_create_clob(3). o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the specified CLOB data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_read_clob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $sql = "SELECT CLOB_COLUMN FROM CLOB_TABLE;"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain the clob data for the first row fbsql_free_result($rs); $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); fbsql_set_lob_mode($rs, FBSQL_LOB_HANDLE); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain a handle to the CLOB data in the first row $clob_data = fbsql_read_clob($row_data[0]); fbsql_free_result($rs); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_clob(3), fbsql_read_blob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)