Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mksysb and boot.image
Operating Systems AIX mksysb and boot.image Post 87422 by pascalbout on Monday 24th of October 2005 04:10:44 AM
Old 10-24-2005
mksysb and boot.image

hello

i saved my system this morning, mksysb tape, and i have the message: "boot.image exceeded the size....." i have not the end because the message is disappeared.
where can i find the mksysb message in a log ?
the message is scary ?

thank you

Last edited by pascalbout; 10-24-2005 at 05:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Boot Diskette Image

Where can I find the boot floppy disk image file(*.vfd)of SCO UNIX 5.0.5?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whiteknight
1 Replies

2. AIX

How do I create a bootable mksysb image file

I have several systems which require software maintenance several times a year. After the software maintenance, it is required that we make two system tapes for DR purposes. The creation of these system tapes takes anywhere from 1-1.5 hours because of the performance of the tape drives. What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
7 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb file image

Hello, I have an mksysb image in my disk, created like: # mksysb -i /mnt/backup/lpar2.image I want to know if this image could be copied to a tape and make it a boot image. Thanks Enzote (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
3 Replies

4. AIX

check whether a mksysb image is bootable or not?

Hi, Can any one please tell me the method to check whether a mksysb image which is in the server is bootable or not. :confused: Thanks in advance, Anoop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anoopraok
1 Replies

5. AIX

Boot from TS3200 FC tape library in case of mksysb recovery

Hi all, Is it possible to boot from SMS menu boot devices into TS3200 FC tape library in case of an mksysb recovery on system p550 - 520 power6. please note the library is fibre channel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies

6. AIX

Boot image for VIO

i've installed vios 2.2 on blade PS700 there are 2 disk, hdisk0 dan hdisk1 and i want to mirror it but blv (boot logic volume) does not appear on hdisk1 (bootlist -mode normal -ls) only on hdisk0 i've already did command (bootlist -mode normal hdisk0 hdisk1" does anyone know the command to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpmei
1 Replies

7. AIX

bootable mksysb image on

i have been given a bootable cd/dvd, that i install a ibm aix 185 workstation with, i want to make a nim mksysb resource from that, the following is a listing for the root file structure of the cd/dvd, seems someone took a mksysb of a built ibm aix machine and did mkcd -L -S -I and setup the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
2 Replies

8. AIX

Restore mksysb image on cloned LPAR

Hi Folks, How to restore mksysb image on LPAR which is already having cloned AIX OS installed on hdisk0 (nothing configured, only full partition image is sitting on hdisk0) Let me know. Thank a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installation through mksysb image backup

Hi Experts, I am very new to AIX, I have a mksysb image in one of my aix server (V6), I would like to install this mksysb image on newly lpar. Is it possible without tape and NIM? Advice would be appreciated. Regards, Rockie (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.rockie
11 Replies

10. AIX

DR using a mksysb image on disk.

This may be a dumb question and the more I think about it the worst it seems!! I have inherited some standalone systems where they are using the mksysb command to create a disk file image; this image is then backed up to Networker. My dumb question is how would we go about restoring this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gz3xzf
4 Replies
LOGGER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LOGGER(1)

NAME
logger - make entries in the system log SYNOPSIS
logger [ -t tag ] [ -p pri ] [ -i ] [ -f file ] [ message ... ] ARGUMENTS
-t tag Mark every line in the log with the specified tag. -p pri Enter the message with the specified priority. The priority may be specified numerically or as a ``facility.level'' pair. For example, ``-p local3.info'' logs the message(s) as informational level in the local3 facility. The default is ``user.notice.'' -i Log the process id of the logger process with each line. -f file Log the specified file. message The message to log; if not specified, the -f file or standard input is logged. DESCRIPTION
Logger provides a program interface to the syslog(3) system log module. A message can be given on the command line, which is logged immediately, or a file is read and each line is logged. EXAMPLES
logger System rebooted logger -p local0.notice -t HOSTIDM -f /dev/idmc SEE ALSO
syslog(3), syslogd(8) 4.3 Berkeley Distribution September 17, 1985 LOGGER(1)