Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help:comparing two directory tree structures only Post 87195 by raj_thota on Friday 21st of October 2005 04:04:50 AM
Old 10-21-2005
help:comparing two directory tree structures only

Hi

I what, a script snippet for "comparing two directory tree structures only " not the contents of directories(like files..etc).

Thanking you a lot.

Regards
Rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Directory tree search???

Hi all, I've got a problem, what function do i use to list the contents of all the directory tree (simular to "find")? Any other suggestions? Thank you all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Space Used by Directory Tree

Can someone tell me how I can determine how much space (blocks) have been used by a given directory tree? I periodically need to know how much space is consumed by a directory and all of its files and subdirectories and their files in either KB or blocks. I have tried df and du but these do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnk99
1 Replies

3. Programming

directory as tree

hi i have modified a program to display directory entries recursively in a tree like form i need an output with the following guidelines: the prog displays the contents of the directory the directory contents are sorted before printing so that directories come before regular files if an entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory tree

Hi all, The following is a script for displaying directory tree. D=${1:-`pwd`} (cd $D; pwd) find $D -type d -print | sort | sed -e "s,^$D,,"\ -e "/^$/d"\ -e "s,*/\(*\)$,\:-----\1,"\ -e "s,*/,: ,g" | more exit 0 I am trying to understand the above script.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Production Directory Structures

We (our company) has just purchased a new IBM unix machine. We have been doing some research and have found that it is NOT a good idea to put your own in-house-written applications under the existing file folders such as /usr or /bin ect. Instead you should place these applications in directories... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a directory tree

Hi all, I'd like to create a directory tree, and define from stdin how many levels deep and how many directories in each level should be created. What I wrote does not work properly:#!/bin/bash #set -x read -p " What root directory? " rootDir && { /bin/rm -R $rootDir; mkdir $rootDir; } ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NBaH
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete duplicate files from one of two directory structures

Hello everyone, I have been struggling to clean up a back-up mess I created when manually duplicating a directory structure and then working in both of them.. The structures now are significantly different and contain in the order of 15 k files of which most are duplicates. Now I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: procreator
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific directory parsing in a directory tree

Hi friends, Hello again :) i got stuck in problem. Is there any way to get a special directory from directory tree? Here is my problm.." Suppose i have one fix directory structure "/abc/xyz/pqr/"(this will be fix).Under this directory structure i have some other directory and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
6 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD