Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where is the .profile on Solaris 10G Post 87154 by Perderabo on Thursday 20th of October 2005 02:12:58 PM
Old 10-20-2005
It sounds like you don't have a .profile yet. So just create one.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

editing a profile on solaris 2.3

Firstly, thank you for this great forum and the time you spend on answering newbies like me. I still have a problem with understanding how profiling works on a solaris 2.6 unix system. when adding a user, it should get a profile in /home I suppose. And again, I suppose that this is the file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Oracle 10G installation on Solaris 9

Hi Guys, I need to install Oracle 10g on solaris 9, the server is not in cluster. The server is already running applications like OVO and Weblogic. Can you guys please tell me the steps to do this and what paramaters ( Kernal and otherwise) which need to be modified? There will be about 100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 and .profile

I have created a custom nologin shell named nologinksh that looks like this. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date |sed 's/:.. .*//'` LAST=`last -1 |grep "$LOGNAME.*$DATE"` if ; then echo "Remote logon is not permitted." else export SHELL=/bin/ksh . $HOME/.profile ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Installation Guide for Solaris Cluster 3.2 Software and Oracle 10g Release 2 Real App

Here are steps for installing the Solaris 10 11/06 OS, Solaris Cluster (formerly Sun Cluster) 3.2 software, QFS 4.5, and Oracle 10gR2 RAC. Also provided are instructions on how to configure QFS and Solaris Volume Manager for use with Oracle 10gR2 RAC. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing oracle 10g on solaris

Thanks all for your help. Now here is another problem i have, i have been trying to install oracle 10g on solaris but i keep getting this error message "there is not enough memory on the volume you specify to copy the starter database files the oracle universal installer discover that you have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutiat
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Is possbile to install Oracle database 10g on Solaris 11 Express ?

Today I finally tuned my Solaris 11 express so now works better :D I want to install some relational database on that machine and learn for my future carrier. I downloaded Oracle database 10g for Solaris x86 and tried to install it but my system didn't passed system requirements, installer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.bash_profile versus .profile of user in Solaris 10

Hi All I am kind of confused, when to use .bash_profile or .profile I have just created a user on a test server, with: useradd -u 103 -d /fretagi -m -s /bin/bash fretagi but now in its home dir I have: -bash-3.2$ ls -al total 14 drwxr-xr-x 2 fretagi other 512 Dec 5 15:54 .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

What's the difference between Cisco SFP-10G-SR and XFP-10G-MM-SR ?

We're connecting a ASA 10G port with Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver to SCE 10G port with XFP-10G-MM-SR, can they connect each other? We also want to know what's the difference between them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
1 Replies
remove profile(1m)														remove profile(1m)

NAME
remove profile - Removes all profile elements and the profile from the specified name service entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp remove profile profile-entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Indicates the name of the target profile. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The remove profile command removes a profile (and all of its elements) from the name service database. The entry name of the profile is required. Privilege Required You need write permission to the CDS object entry (the target profile entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and remove the profile named /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile: $ rpccp rpccp> remove profile /.:/LandS/anthro/molly_o_profile RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add element(1m), remove element(1m), show profile(1m) remove profile(1m)