Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: databse
Top Forums Programming databse Post 87139 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 20th of October 2005 11:12:57 AM
Old 10-20-2005
you have not mentioned the following

1) how do u connect to the database?
a)through the generic connectivity(ODBC)
b) or database native drives

2) do u use e-sqlc program mode headers or pro-c headers?

can u plz post the errors,
so that it would be helpful for better analysis.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

databse startup problem

i have oracle database startup problem. i have installed oracle8i(8.1.7) on windowsXP i have configured everything properly but i m unable to start database automatically and for this when i checked services of database it shows starting not started so i have to start it manually.Can u plz tell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vandana
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need a script for uploading data from unix box to mysql databse

how to upload system information(unix box) to MySql database's(running in another unix box) respective tables using a script only..i.e once script runs all the informations like hostid,hostna,disks,cpu etc get stored to respective tables of MySql database.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhendu.pyne
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing Databse through OS Authentication

I have defined the connectivity details to the oracle database in a file env.ksh as follows DBNAME=$INST_NAME USERID="use_x" PASSWORD="cccccc" When ever i want to connect to the database from a shellscript ,i am running this file from the shell script as follows # Export the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravi oruganti
1 Replies

4. Debian

Connect MySQL databse to debian

Hello, I wont to connect a MySQL database to debian: I have installed libmyodbc package and after i have configured /etc/odbcinst.ini: Description = MySQL driver Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc.so Setup = /usr/lib/odbc/libodbcmyS.so and /etc/odbc.ini : Description =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux31
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell to insert cyrillic characters into the databse

i have written a shell script that reads a csv file and inserts tokenized strings into the database. the problem comes when the csv file has cyrillic characters. how do i set the parameters in my shell script(korn shell) so that any characters can be inserted into the database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA(8) 														   KBUILDSYCOCA(8)

NAME
Description - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca [--nosignal | --incremental | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsyscoca, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .directory, .kim- gio and .protocol files to constructs a binary database. KDE itself accesses this databse during operation to provide configurational information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksyscoca, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Don't signal applications --incremental Incremental Update --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsyscoca FILES
/tmp/kde-$USER/ksyscoca ... ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
ksycoca(3), kblah(4), knogga(6) BUGS
There are no known bugs at the time of writing. 2001-04-25 KBUILDSYCOCA(8)