Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract some specific text file urgent pls Post 87131 by jingi1234 on Thursday 20th of October 2005 09:36:47 AM
Old 10-20-2005
grep 'EXTRACT TEXT' BIGFILE > SMALLFILENAME

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To copy a a file to last created directory..Urgent pls

I need to copy a file example hhh.txt to the recently created directory by name flexite@latesttimestamp in the path interface/home/ ... I couldnt get the name of recently created directory .... first result of ls -lst ...that is ls -lst |head -2 gives the latest directory but i could not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helloo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Urgent help pls.how to extract two lines having same starting number

Hi , I have a huge file like this =245 this is testing =035 abc123 =245 this is testing1 =035 abc124 =245 this is testing2 =035 abc125 =035 abc126 =245 this is testing3 here i have to pull out those lines having two =035 instead of alternative 035 and 245 i.e extract... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent ...pls Sorting files based on timestamp and picking the latest file

Hi Friends, Newbie to shell scripting. Currently i have used the below to sort data based on filenames and datestamp $ printf '%s\n' *.dat* | sort -t. -k3,4 filename_1.dat.20120430.Z filename_2.dat.20120430.Z filename_3.dat.20120430.Z filename_1.dat.20120501.Z filename_2.dat.20120501.Z... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific text from variable and put it into array

Dear community, I have to do something too hard for me :rolleyes:. I hope you can help me. This is an output coming from Oracle query, stored in a file called query.out, there are many rows, but I read them, one by one, using while/read/done. Assuming each row is contained into $line variable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent request to consider:Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as # Drug_Target_X_Gene_Name:(Where X can be any number (1-1000) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies
DROP TEXT SEARCH 
CONFIGURATION(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION(7) NAME
DROP_TEXT_SEARCH_CONFIGURATION - remove a text search configuration SYNOPSIS
DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION drops an existing text search configuration. To execute this command you must be the owner of the configuration. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the text search configuration does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing text search configuration. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the text search configuration. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the text search configuration if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Remove the text search configuration my_english: DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION my_english; This command will not succeed if there are any existing indexes that reference the configuration in to_tsvector calls. Add CASCADE to drop such indexes along with the text search configuration. COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION (ALTER_TEXT_SEARCH_CONFIGURATION(7)), CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION (CREATE_TEXT_SEARCH_CONFIGURATION(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION(7)